What's new

Colonel Conk lime travel soap

Alright so here's a question for you guys, I bought a container of the Colonel Conk lime shave soap a few months ago, it's the one that's sold in the white container and is claimed to be 2.25 oz of soap. I really like the soap and have been using it pretty frequently, mainly on Fridays and or on the weekends, well today I put my brush in it to use it, and I noticed that I'm already down to the bottom of the container. I have only gotten maybe 30 shaves out of it, does that sound right, or am I making too much lather and just wasting soap?

It is not a soap that lasts forever.

Some do a one pass shave. Some do six passes. Some brushes hog soap.

There are pucks that go on and on. MWF, for example. They cost a wee bit more than the little Conk.

Enjoy your shaves!

Alright thank you for getting back to me on that one, I think it's a great soap, and I think that it's a winner, I had been expecting alot more shaves out of it, but that's ok........looks like I'll just have to buy another scent

Alright so here's a question for you guys, I bought a container of the Colonel Conk lime shave soap a few months ago, it's the one that's sold in the white container and is claimed to be 2.25 oz of soap. I really like the soap and have been using it pretty frequently, mainly on Fridays and or on the weekends, well today I put my brush in it to use it, and I noticed that I'm already down to the bottom of the container. I have only gotten maybe 30 shaves out of it, does that sound right, or am I making too much lather and just wasting soap?

Sounds reasonable. It's not a long-lasting soap. I get 30-35 3-pass shaves out of Conk on average. I also don't buy it anymore.

man that's what I do 3 to 4 passes, WTG across the grain left to right, then across the grain right to left, and then against the grain. So that makes sense now, and man I don't think I will buy it again if that's what everyone is getting out of it.

Mitchell's Wool Fat, L'Occitaine Cade, and Tabac are three that come to mind as lasting a very long time. The Cade soap is available in nicer shopping malls.

For fun, you can go to Maggard Razors webpage and surf soaps. It may make you dizzy.

I'm curious to know how two ounces of soap can disappear in just 35 shaves. I've never used it, because people give me VDH luxury soap to the point where I can't use it as fast as I get it. A 3.5oz bar lasts me six months of near-daily shaving. Are all-glycerin soaps expected to be used up quickly?

I can only think that I burned through it pretty quickly because I shave everyday, and then because I go back to the soap to make more lather from time to time, so I can imagine that was the variable. More then likely I'm going to buy another travel puck of it, but this time in Bay Rum, only because when I travel it's simple and easy to take with me and for only $7.00 or so it's a good deal.

I'm curious to know how two ounces of soap can disappear in just 35 shaves. I've never used it, because people give me VDH luxury soap to the point where I can't use it as fast as I get it. A 3.5oz bar lasts me six months of near-daily shaving. Are all-glycerin soaps expected to be used up quickly?
Many variables obviously play into the longevity of a certain soap. VDH Lux is 3.5oz and my small size is 2.25oz. Bigger will obviously last longer. I know a small puck for me lasts more than 30 shaves but I might not load as heavy as the next guy.

In general though, a glycerine (like mine) tends to be softer.

I agree. Their soaps don't seem to last as long but I still enjoy using them. Very reasonably priced. I really like the Amber and the Lime.

I can only think that I burned through it pretty quickly because I shave everyday, and then because I go back to the soap to make more lather from time to time, so I can imagine that was the variable. More then likely I'm going to buy another travel puck of it, but this time in Bay Rum, only because when I travel it's simple and easy to take with me and for only $7.00 or so it's a good deal.
Sounds reasonable. It's not a long-lasting soap. I get 30-35 3-pass shaves out of Conk on average. I also don't buy it anymore.

+1! Conk is reasonably priced per shave, but it does not last that long.

I've been eye balling the Bay Rum to replace the lime that I burned through, does anyone here use it and or what's your take on it? I'm looking for a simple review of it.

I really like Col Conk Bay Rum. I has a very mild but very pleasant scent. It behaves about the same as the other scents you have tried. Is that simple enough?

Yeah it really sums it up!!!! Thank you, I’m almost gone through my current pick of lime. Since we are getting into the winter season here in wiscosnin it’s going to be sandalwood and bay rum season!

Top Bottom