What's new

Schick E mod

I couldn't find the model that opens on Ebay, so I figured why not get rid of that bump that keeps the clip in place.
First I used pliers to lift the clip and turn it sideways.
10 seconds with a dremel and viola.

proxy.php

Over 70 years old... it was pretty grimy inside.... but its clean now:

proxy.php

Ready to go with a proper blade!

proxy.php

Enjoy

Erez

I have a model E with the lock. I inserted a wooden skewer inside the notch and dipped it in scrubbing bubbles other night and then in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner from AliExpress. I believe I could achieve almost the same level of not equal or better as nothing can beat an open surface cleaning with the brush.

Raised my curiosity why did they lock the spring from moving like in earlier models ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

86EF67ED-4144-43C0-AB00-BF16EA307DC7.jpeg
I have a model E with the lock. I inserted a wooden skewer inside the notch and dipped it in scrubbing bubbles other night and then in a cheap ultrasonic cleaner from AliExpress. I believe I could achieve almost the same level of not equal or better as nothing can beat an open surface cleaning with the brush.

Raised my curiosity why did they lock the spring from moving like in earlier models ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Some said the spring could be damaged of weakened by use. These razors were sold with a 20 year guarantee so a locking spring resulted in fewer claims I suppose.

Last edited:
Brother Twelve,

There is zero reason to open an injector. Every time an old blade is ejected and a new blade is inserted there is a self-cleaning action within the injector head.

Also I suggest Schick later realized it was cheaper and faster to build an injector that did not open, especially when there was no reason to open it.

Follow the money. It's a faithful guide.

2 reasons to open an injector:

To give it a real cleaning. It was pretty darn filthy, self cleaning action or no self cleaning action. I dont use a razor that I cannot get cleaned. Out and inside. This is why I don't consider using a J or L model unless it is new old stock. Spoiler alert: those are very mild...

But even if you are not sensitive to cleanliness, here's a good one:
Schick ProLine P20 blades. Shorter version of the P30 Artist Club blades. Same great edge - smaller package. In my AC razors (hawk, General, se1, ikon) I stopped using Feather and Kai blades. The ProLine blades work better for me.
The P20 are far better than the personna blades, it is not even close. It has been 6 years since I tried the yellow Chinese schick blades (the 7 pack) but I didn't care for them then. Alas, the ProLine magazine does not have an injector key. Some folks insert a blade into an old magazine that has a key. Not for me. I can be careful to avoide damaging the clip hinge, easier than avoiding getting cut while pushing a new blade into a magazine.

The earlier models allowed for practical opening for practical cleaning. These are VERY cheaply made stamped thin sheet razors, nothing like the tank-like build of a Gillette or a GEM... so people probably did manage to ruin them, often. If you offer a 20 year warranty then it makes business sense to make it impossible to open for cleaning. It makes less hygienic sense though.

Schick ProLine P20 blades. Shorter version of the P30 Artist Club blades.

Schick Proline "B" is the shorter version of the Proline P. The number 20 or 30 is how many blades are in the magazine. The Proline P comes in 20 or 30 blades, while I've only seen the Proline B come with 20 blades.

B...injector blade
P...Artist Club blade

Schick Proline "B" is the shorter version of the Proline P. The number 20 or 30 is how many blades are in the magazine. The Proline P comes in 20 or 30 blades, while I've only seen the Proline B come with 20 blades.

B...injector blade
P...Artist Club blade
This is good to know! I've seen the P-20 but there generally isn't a description. The B-20 blades are hard to find.

Top Bottom