What's new

Broken Flair Tip..help!

So I got this in a lot, and would to fix it up and get it up and running..
proxy.php

(LOOOVE that case! It's a '66. :D)
proxy.php

Note how the doors seemed skewed? Well, it is missing the end cap! So one side, the doors just flap..(and there was a blade in it! Hope it didn't get used like that!)

Anyone know where to look for help? Like who may have parts and could get it shave-ready?

MAYBE would consider a replate..but really, a good ultrasonic bath and polish might do the trick, mainly looking for the end cap that holds the door prongs..

Who's the go-to for such repairs?

R

romsitsa

Hello,

I have to check it, but iirc, the end piece is similar to Slim twists/Knacks.
The easiest would be to swap the whole T bar from another Superspeed, the cheapest is to get a Slim twist and cannibalise an end piece.

Adam

I also have a flare that is missing an end cap. It is in great condition and the doors work fine otherwise. I thought about buying a cheap flare to cannibalize for the part. Good luck cleaning that razor up, it gives a great shave.

Kind of like a beater car. You may love it, but you do not want to put much $ in it.

True, I wouldn't want to spend any more than I could get a different one for.
I also have a flare that is missing an end cap. It is in great condition and the doors work fine otherwise. I thought about buying a cheap flare to cannibalize for the part. Good luck cleaning that razor up, it gives a great shave.

Hmm..we might have to work something out LOL :D (Maybe go halfsies on a cheap donor and each take an end cap? :ihih:)

I have an ultrasonic washer at work, I can use that..

R

romsitsa

Checked it, it looks to be the same end connector. If you can't find any other solution, drop me a line and I send it to you.

I suspect Ruva has an earlier model, those work without the cap as it was soldered onto the connectors while your model has a pressed on connector/cap.

Adam

Checked it, it looks to be the same end connector. If you can't find any other solution, drop me a line and I send it to you.

I suspect Ruva has an earlier model, those work without the cap as it was soldered onto the connectors while your model has a pressed on connector/cap.

Adam
Ahh, very cool, will do!

Razor emporium has a YouTube video on how to replace and end cap. It requires a torch.

I think that may be the older style? Like what Romsitsa is referring to below. Mine is a '66..

Adam

You are correct. I have seen both models (I bought my nephew a later model of the flare) and noticed the difference in the end cap.

R

romsitsa

Thanks gents, while digging for the end connector, found a Superspeed T bar, so I have a spare end cap for my Krona :a14:

Adam

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Broken Flair? Tip: he'll get better.

proxy.php

Have I misread the thread title?

Top Bottom