What's new

FLORIDA WATER.....?

M&L of New Jersey swear their formula hasn't changed since the 1800's.... I used M&L Florida water all through the 1960's and 1970's and I know that the current formula is not what I used to buy....The formula 50 years ago was very high proof, my guess is about 80-85% alcohol , and with more complex fragrance...It was closer to 4711 in scent and potency... Two Girls is still a nice , potent Florida water , and still comes in glass...The bottles of M&L
flori.jpg
florid.JPG
Florida-water-four-brands.png
florida-water-information-sheet-p1281-3010_image.jpg
I just bought are also glass, but the formula is weak in both scent and proof....I have not tried the PERUVIAN Florida water , but intend to do so....

I picked up a small, plastic bottle of FW last year. My version had very little scent to it. Now it just sits in the back of the cabinet, lonely and unused.

Agree there's a definite scent connection between FW and 4711. I'd love to try the 2 Girls brand, though.

‘JU JU!!’ Yikes!! Is this a plus or a minus for AS?? :a21::a21:
It means it has healing powers.
Great grandma would spray your bed sheets and pillow cases with it when you were sick.
Then she give you a toddy with Cutter shark
Rub your chest with a homemade poultice cause she was a Cherokee Med Woman
Cover you with about 3 quilts and let you sweat the sickness out.

It means it has healing powers.
Great grandma would spray your bed sheets and pillow cases with it when you were sick.
Then she give you a toddy with Cutter shark
Rub your chest with a homemade poultice cause she was a Cherokee Med Woman
Cover you with about 3 quilts and let you sweat the sickness out.

They don’t make women like that anymore!! :a29:

I’ve been using the ML Peru-NY version in a plastic bottle (from shoeboxshaveshop) all summer and enjoying it. Nice citrus+ scent and alcohol sting. Good value. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love M and L Florida Water, found a few plastic bottles at the local surplus grocery $1 or $2 each, decanted into glass. I also added some to about 2oz. Avon Spicy, 4oz. Bottle so half and half, a nice spicy orange, almost like a spice cake scent, love that too! Enjoy

Top Bottom