What's new

Timeless OC 68 Knurled Handle (New Arrival)

Hey guys and gals,
I am very excited that my new Timeless OC 68 just arrived...this is my first "high-end" SS razor (other than my Rockwell 6S) and so far, I am blown away by the quality.

As far as the configuration...it took me a few days to make all my selections. I went with the .68 OC base plate because I wanted this razor to be mild enough to be a daily driver, but efficient enough to knock down thicker stubble on Monday morning. I also think the OC head looks amazing.

I decided on the H1 Knurled handle because I wanted a short 85mm handle and prefer the more minimalist look of a classic knurled design. Because I went with a simpler (less ornate handle) I then decided on the smooth top cap. I think it matches the knurled handle well and really makes the OC base plate the star of the show visually.

My first shave will be tomorrow morning, but I just needed to share my enthusiasm with other like-minded folks...I will report back with a full review tomorrow!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks, everyone for the kind words! This razor is a work of art and is beckoning to me...I usually shave in the morning, but I am having trouble waiting until tomorrow...I may just have a nice shave before bed...I will keep everyone posted!

Awesome razor. Timeless is my #1 razor. It's the smoothest razor for me.

My 0.95OC is my #1 DE razor, enjoy! Absolutely beautiful.

Which configuration (handle/top plate) do you guys have? I am already thinking about adding a second handle just to change up the look every week or so! (I would love to see some pics if you guys have them handy)

Thanks, everyone for the kind words! This razor is a work of art and is beckoning to me...I usually shave in the morning, but I am having trouble waiting until tomorrow...I may just have a nice shave before bed...I will keep everyone posted!

Which configuration (handle/top plate) do you guys have? I am already thinking about adding a second handle just to change up the look every week or so! (I would love to see some pics if you guys have them handy)

I have the 85mm barber handle and the scalloped cap. I kind of wish I had ordered the smooth cap to be honest, but the scalloped still looks nice and the handle is amazing. I do want to try the knurled handle, your razor has the perfect balance of style and utility.

I have the 85mm barber handle and the scalloped cap. I kind of wish I had ordered the smooth cap to be honest, but the scalloped still looks nice and the handle is amazing. I do want to try the knurled handle, your razor has the perfect balance of style and utility.

Thanks! Timeless makes some great looking handles...in fact, there isn't a single one I don't like. Barber Pole is a real beauty. Dimpled is nice. I even like the Plaid, which has been discontinued. At $40, seems like a steal.

I have both smooth and scalloped caps, SC and OC in the 68 plates, and SB for the 95. I have two of the 85mm barber pole handles, so that I can go from a complete 68 to a complete 95 without having to breakdown and reassemble.

I have both smooth and scalloped caps, SC and OC in the 68 plates, and SB for the 95. I have two of the 85mm barber pole handles, so that I can go from a complete 68 to a complete 95 without having to breakdown and reassemble.

Fantastic setup! After experiencing the quality firsthand, I am pretty sure my setup will look exactly like yours in a couple months. How do you like the 95 SB? That is most likely the next base plate on my list. Although TBH, I am not sure how much I would use it. I just gave the 68 OC its inaugural shave and it was absolute perfection. Gentle enough for daily use, but super efficient. Which head do you use the most? If I were to buy the 95, would you recommend the SB or the SC? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Fantastic setup! After experiencing the quality firsthand, I am pretty sure my setup will look exactly like yours in a couple months. How do you like the 95 SB? That is most likely the next base plate on my list. Although TBH, I am not sure how much I would use it. I just gave the 68 OC its inaugural shave and it was absolute perfection. Gentle enough for daily use, but super efficient. Which head do you use the most? If I were to buy the 95, would you recommend the SB or the SC? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I use the 95 SB with the smooth cap most often, as a daily driver in fact. My rotation changes between several different razors, but the 95 SB gives me the closest shaves of any I own.

When I'm on a week of 2 long cycle with the 95, I usually do a 2-pass buffing shave, XG and AG. It accomplishes a closer shave in 2 passes than my others can in 3 or more. The reason for me doing it this way is to eliminate chances for irritation, and it works for me very well.

Although I don't have experience with the SC 95 plate, I do with the SC 68. In my opinion, there's little difference between the SC and SB plates beyond appearance . I'm sure that you would be very happy with either one.

I love the .68 and have had so many different configurations in the timeless line up. I currently own the .95 open-comb titanium and it’s amazing! Scalloped head. Because it’s lighter it appears to be more of a milder shaver than the same one in steel. Feels like somewhere between the .68 and ..95 as far as feeling but crazy efficient.

Timeless is a great company and can’t go wrong with any of their razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the Timeless .68 Scalloped Cap with an open comb and the scalloped bases. Plaid handle. Has been on loan for awhile so stole a pic from someone sampling it currently. He takes better pics then me !! :001_cool:
2Rfp5g3.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Fantastic looking razor!
Love the 68 oc. The long pineapple handle spoiled me on long handles. Im thinking of the 95 sb too.

Top Bottom