What's new

TREET vs. PAL ......

Just finished a 12 shave comparison between American Razor TREET and Edgewell PAL single edge blades... I believe both companies are actually owned by Edgewell now , although some blades are farmed out , and they own a few more companies as well.. I took 6 shaves with the TREET , using only one blade , and 6 shaves with the PAL using 5 blades....The PAL blades were uncomfortable , not very smooth , and not very sharp...After 24 hours my face felt like 48 hours between shaves...PAL was once a fantastic blade , but sadly , it can't hold a candle to the still good TREET SE blade...IMHO don't waste your $$$ on these new PAL blades...
DSCN3957.JPG

I just got shave #7 with a GEM carbon in a STAR 1912. It was a nice smooth shave. I haven't tried the TREET or PALs yet so I can't compare 'em. GEM carbon seem to have "long legs" as far as I can tell,eh? I'll see how many shaves I can squeeze out of one.

I've used the treet SE blade and found it to be both effective, comfortable and long lasting. In a strange way the treet branded DE blades preform to same for me even though a different manufacturer.

A few years back I was getting TREET SE blades at my local drug store that were made by TREET Pakistan , very smooth, long lasting blades , but sadly defunct now.

I agree with your assessment of the Treet carbon steel SE blades vs the PAL carbon steel SE blades. My shaving experience was exactly the same as yours, maloccio.

I just ordered 120 Treet carbon steel SE blades. They last 3-4 shaves for me, and are truly smooth and excellent blades.

I actually like them better than the GEM PTFE blades. I think the coatings on the GEMs added some other coating that does not get along with my face at all. These were my favorite blades, and I used to get great shaves from them.

I agree with your assessment of the Treet carbon steel SE blades vs the PAL carbon steel SE blades. My shaving experience was exactly the same as yours, maloccio.

I just ordered 120 Treet carbon steel SE blades. They last 3-4 shaves for me, and are truly smooth and excellent blades.

I actually like them better than the GEM PTFE blades. I think the coatings on the GEMs added some other coating that does not get along with my face at all. These were my favorite blades, and I used to get great shaves from them.
did you order from Ted Pella or somewhere else ???... not much to choose from today !

Top Bottom