What's new

Gotta Love Alabama

Opinions here in Tennessee can vary a bit about the worthiness of Alabama in general. However anyone who can name a Minor League Baseball team “The Rocket City Trash Pandas” is fine in my book.

Opinions here in Tennessee can vary a bit about the worthiness of Alabama in general. However anyone who can name a Minor League Baseball team “The Rocket City Trash Pandas” is fine in my book.

Indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon how in the world they came up with that name??

So I guess they are in Huntsville where Von Braun developed the Rocket for the space program with NASA. The rest just genuine Alabama creativity. Huntsville is an awesome trip. To see a Saturn 5 laying out on its side is pretty cool. We watched the International space station being assembled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing it came from Guardians of the Galaxy. Trash Panda is one of Rocket Raccoon's nicknames.

That makes sense. I live pretty close to Madison/Huntsville, and no one I talked to around here could figure it out.

@whiteweed Thank you for your kind comments. There are a lot of really neat things to do and see in Alabama.

I've always liked how MiLB doesn't take themselves too seriously. Biscuits, Boll Weevils, Tourists, and Sand Gnats are a few teams I remember. And of course, the Albuquerque Isotopes, named after an episode of The Simpsons.

Top Bottom