What's new

Nom Brushes

I got in a couple new brushes today.

proxy.php

They were pretty inexpensive!

The boar has the backbone I want from a boar, and no scent whatsoever! Woot! I’m going to do the whole soak, lather, and soften the tips thing, but you could use it out of the box. The wood feels a little cheap, but I like it!

The “black” however, feels like one of my wife’s makeup brushes that cost ten bazillion bucks. It’s soft! But it’s got some back! Not as much as the boar, but it could scrape at a triple mill I’m thinking. If it holds water, this could easily be the one that could do it all.

I’ll let you guys know but... for the price, I feel like I robbed someone.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I got in a couple new brushes today.

proxy.php

They were pretty inexpensive!

The boar has the backbone I want from a boar, and no scent whatsoever! Woot! I’m going to do the whole soak, lather, and soften the tips thing, but you could use it out of the box. The wood feels a little cheap, but I like it!

The “black” however, feels like one of my wife’s makeup brushes that cost ten bazillion bucks. It’s soft! But it’s got some back! Not as much as the boar, but it could scrape at a triple mill I’m thinking. If it holds water, this could easily be the one that could do it all.

I’ll let you guys know but... for the price, I feel like I robbed someone.
Can't wait for the review!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Can't wait for the review!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just gave the “Black” a good run over a croap that I don’t necessarily like anymore. Just to see her perform. The Black is my Simpson Comidor. Literally. It acts exactly like my Simpson. So it’s ok on soaps, but not the best on a triple mill hard soap.

I actually think it’s just a touch softer on the face than th Simpson though. It held a good amount of water too! It’s a good brush.

If I used creams every day, I could switch between my $80 Simpson, and this $20 Nom perfectly. Alas, I rarely do short of reviewing something for a week. So I’ve put it on display mode, for now! My Simpson I honestly believe is dying, so if/when that happens, it’ll be replaced with this Nom. And I’ll be absolutely fine with it. I actually feel like I got robbed that extra 60 the Simpson cost over this... knowing this brush is just as good.

The boar should be interesting.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They look like nice brushes. Are they small as they look quite small in the photo?.

For those interested: Nom was formally known as HJM, which is the budget line from Mühle Shaving.

“Budget line” is a classy description. Downright cheap is what they were lol. But so far I have no complaints over their quality. But yea, if you want show pieces, these aren’t for you.

I feel these would be great brushes to throw in a starter pack. Perfect even. Or good for a guy like me who just isn’t into spending cash on a brush, but still needs something nice that’ll lather up his insanely priced AdP lol. I know... I know.

They look like nice brushes. Are they small as they look quite small in the photo?.

They are small! They are 21’s. Here is the link to Mühle. nom | made in germany

I don’t know who sells em in North America, I got em shipped in from Spain.

Top Bottom