What's new

SV 70th Anniversary Soap

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I was skepical about using a non-tallow formula, and I doubted that my top soaps — Tabac and vintage Old Spice — had any real competition. But I must say that Sapofinicio Veresino 70th Anniversary soap is stellar.

It loaded on my RR plissoft barber pole quite easily and face-lathered in a fashion very similar to Old Spice. Adding water did not cause it to break, and, like OS, it kept creating more lather as I swirled the brush around my face. SV is very slick, and the post-shave feel is right up there with the greats.

The scent is very classy, but doesn’t last long after the shave is complete.

I acquired this soap in a trade — I sent away a flat-bottom British Tech — and I don’t regret it one bit.

SV is now firmly entrenched in my top 3, and the only non-tallow soap in my den.

Nice @Hannah's Dad!!

SV 4.3 is one I've been wanting to try for a while now but never have dropped the money for it yet.

Are you getting a hankering to travel down Artisan Soap Ave again? Just curious!

Hannah's Dad

Nice @Hannah's Dad!!

SV 4.3 is one I've been wanting to try for a while now but never have dropped the money for it yet.

Are you getting a hankering to travel down Artisan Soap Ave again? Just curious!
Hey Rob! No, and I am more than content with my soap lineup ... mostly Old Spice and Tabac, with a Stirling, B&M or Declaration Grooming sprinkled in every now and then.

This was just a soap I’ve been curious about and a trade seemed like the way to go. I haven’t purchased a new soap since I scored some Old Spice many months ago. I’m just spending on razors, at the moment!

Hope you’re well, my friend!

Tabac is amazing, I agree. Yeah, most of AD,s seem like they have their own rotation. Lol. Awhile back it was brushes, then more recently it was soaps, then it moved to Razors (have a Rex on order now after trying it out on the passaround tour & selling some stuff), now it seems like soaps are again sneaking up & whispering my name.

Hannah's Dad

Tabac is amazing, I agree. Yeah, most of AD,s seem like they have their own rotation. Lol. Awhile back it was brushes, then more recently it was soaps, then it moved to Razors (have a Rex on order now after trying it out on the passaround tour & selling some stuff), now it seems like soaps are again sneaking up & whispering my name.
Haha. Yes, I know the feeling. Are you sure it’s the soap whispering to you? Or could it possibly be ... hmmm ... Satan!

Google Image Result for https://media.giphy.com/media/3oriOaLBINGcizAdJm/giphy.gif

Why can’t I figure out how to insert those awesome gifs like @imatabor does?
proxy.php

SV is sure worth the premium. Best non-tallow ever. Enjoys a permanent place in my rotation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just received my order with the SV 70th Anniversary soap, man does it feel awesome. I don't know it performs, but that smell is awesome. I also received the Fine IC aftershave, I hope it pairs well together.

Hannah's Dad

I just received my order with the SV 70th Anniversary soap, man does it feel awesome. I don't know it performs, but that smell is awesome. I also received the Fine IC aftershave, I hope it pairs well together.
Excellent! I really like the scent, too. Performance? Top notch.

Top Bottom