What's new

Old t.v. shows and movies

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've been watching the old westerns on INSP channel, and they are still pretty good. But, some of the movies they run the same one three times or so within a month.

They show...Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Branded, The Virginian, Walker Texas Ranger, High Chaparral, and other such. I wish they'd show things like:

Laredo Laredo (TV Series 1965–1967) - IMDb

Alias Smith and Jones Alias Smith and Jones (TV Series 1971–1973) - IMDb

Maverick Maverick (TV Series 1957–1962) - IMDb

They've had some good movies on lately, one was County Line, but it's been shown four times or more. County Line (2017) - IMDb

They had Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck, which I liked better than the one with Lee Marvin it it but it has been on several times in a month. I kinda wish they'd get around to showing the original Magnificent Seven, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, etc.

I also like some I've seen recently on other channels...Steve McQueen in Bullitt and The Getaway. I also liked McQueen in Wanted: Dead or Alive.

So...what do you watch on the old rerun channels?

TCM. Often catch the 8 PM movie.

TV shows I would love to see again include Dragnet, Adam 12, Have Gun Will Travel, Ozzie & Harriet, Donna Reed, Honeymooners.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've been watching the old westerns on INSP channel, and they are still pretty good. But, some of the movies they run the same one three times or so within a month.

They show...Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Branded, The Virginian, Walker Texas Ranger, High Chaparral, and other such. I wish they'd show things like:

Laredo Laredo (TV Series 1965–1967) - IMDb

Alias Smith and Jones Alias Smith and Jones (TV Series 1971–1973) - IMDb

Maverick Maverick (TV Series 1957–1962) - IMDb

They've had some good movies on lately, one was County Line, but it's been shown four times or more. County Line (2017) - IMDb

They had Monte Walsh with Tom Selleck, which I liked better than the one with Lee Marvin it it but it has been on several times in a month. I kinda wish they'd get around to showing the original Magnificent Seven, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, etc.

I also like some I've seen recently on other channels...Steve McQueen in Bullitt and The Getaway. I also liked McQueen in Wanted: Dead or Alive.

So...what do you watch on the old rerun channels?
Yep, get rid of Walker, bring on Maverick.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am in Australia and remember watching Glen Ford in Cade's County many, many years ago, I would like to see it again and Combat with Vic Morrow I can just remember watching that with my father on a black and white tv.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I am in Australia and remember watching Glen Ford in Cade's County many, many years ago, I would like to see it again and Combat with Vic Morrow I can just remember watching that with my father on a black and white tv.

I remember those shows also. Some good stuff. I had forgotten about Cade's County.

They still run combat! And 12 o'clock high in Florida (1am though)

If you have MeTV, they run a host of Westerns on Saturday mornings. At one time they were running Maverick, Wagon Train, Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rawhide, and some others.
Enjoy.

There have been recent reruns of shows not mentioned which just weren't that good. I told the kids "Now you know why folks were doing so much drugs."

I'd like to see

Soupy Sales
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Whirly Birds
Cannonball
Sargent Preston of the Yukon
The Real McCoys
Highway Patrol
Sky King

Don't think any of these have been brought back

Latley Ive been watching re runs of kojak and the original star trek thats been digitally washed and enhanced.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
They still run combat! And 12 o'clock high in Florida (1am though)

Oh yeah...12 o'clock high.

Don’t forget Rawhide and the Rifleman.

I think those are on INSP at times, but I usually watch the old reruns of an evening as there is nothing on the networks worth watching. Last Man Standing is coming back on again though...new season.

If you have MeTV, they run a host of Westerns on Saturday mornings. At one time they were running Maverick, Wagon Train, Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rawhide, and some others.
Enjoy.

I don't get MeTV, but wish I did.

Rat Patrol
Home Improvement
Magnum P.I.
Little House on the Prairie
Gunsmoke
Andy Griffith Show

I've been buying DVD of some of my favorite shows. I've got the entire Columbo series (including the ABC movies) and Ellery Queen. I used to love THE Cat, but there isn't a commercial release of this out there, and the only thing available is a grainy shot from tv type thing.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've been buying DVD of some of my favorite shows. I've got the entire Columbo series (including the ABC movies) and Ellery Queen. I used to love THE Cat, but there isn't a commercial release of this out there, and the only thing available is a grainy shot from tv type thing.

I've have some DVDs also...Wanted Dead or Alive, Cannon, Simon & Simon. The entire series of them. Cannon was a pipe smoker for a bit in the show, and was in real life. He liked Charatan pipes and Amphora Red tobacco.

Thomas Hewitt Edward Cat...Always wore a black turtleneck.

Don't forget SEA HUNT with LLoyd Bridges. I always liked it.

Sea Hunt was neat...I'm a scuba diver now and love watching the old classic equipment he used...single lens mask, regulator on the back....

I always liked the Wild Wild West.

James and Arty... the James Bond of the West.

Top Bottom