What's new

FS 28 Str8 Razors Nos Dovo, Nos Red imp, Boker, Wade&Butcher, EA Berg, Etc.

Hi guys, I'm overdue for a den cleaning. We have an 11 month old boy who is quite a hand full, so I don't have time to restore razors like I once did. So, my loss is your gain. If you want to pick up your first razor, these are all excellent candidates. All razors are priced with CONUS shipping included. International buyers I will happily sell to you, but I will need to get a shipping estimate. Thanks for looking!
Matt
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg

1. Morris RED IMP 133 Full hollow nearly NOS 11/16: This red imp is nearly perfect except for some very light scratches on the non show side. The red imp logo on the scales still has the great majority of gold enamel and the Red Imp logo on the shank has 95% of the red enamel. $80.00
2. NOS Dovo INOX Fritz Bracht #42 Quarter to Half Hollow 9/16: In perfect condition, factory edge, original paperwork and tag included. $130.00
3. Morris RED IMP 133 Full hollow 11/16: This red imp shows some of her age. She had some rust spots on her when she was received, but I only lightly restored her. There is some pitting on both sides of the razor as well as on the tail. It should be a very nice shaving razor. The Imp logo on the scales has about 65% of its original gold enamel. $40.00
4. Dovo INOX Fritz Bracht #42 Quarter to Half Hollow 9/16: This razor is near NOS, but has been honed and used, and is missing a little of the original gold wash. It is very clean with no pitting or other issues. $90.00
IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

5. Dovo #300 13/16 Half Hollow: The gold was reads "Hollow Ground Ready For Use" This razor is for the most part fairly clean with the exception of a few spots of light pitting on the show side and the tail and two darker pitting spots on the opposite side. This razor will be perfect for someone starting out. With a little elbow grease, these pits should be barely noticeable. $60.00
6. Dovo Special #1516 Tortoise Shell 5/8 Full Hollow: The gold wash is still all there, over all this razor is in great condition with the exception of some very light pitting on the show side and the reverse side. Should clean up very well. Great for a beginner, should clean up easily. $65.00
7. Dovo INOX #42 4/8 Quarter Hollow: This razor is stamped "Flint Institute of Barbering". I believe this razor to also be a Fritz Bracht razor, but it is not stamped as such on the shank, but it came in a Dovo Fritz Bracht 4/8 box. This French point razor is exceptionally clean and the only thing that keeps me from calling it NOS is that a barber student must have had his last name "Buren" engraved on the tail. $55.00
8. Dovo Fritz Bracht #98 6/8(11/16) Full Hollow: This razor is in fairly great shape! It does have a few condition issues, but they are for the most part minor. It still has about 95% of all its gold wash, including the intricate wash on the spine. The shank does have some light rust that needs to be cleaned up, which will cause the loss of some gold wash on the shank, this is why i have this razor at a lower price than it really should be at. The show side of the blade has so very minor pitting toward the spine and there is minor rust on the tail. This razor closes on center 9 times out of 10, but should have an adjustment so an edge is not killed on the scales. $115.00
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg

9. Waterville Unlimited 5/8 Quarter Hollow: Waterville razors really do have the full gambit of unique razor styles, like with this razor and its interesting shank. The thumb notch with its heavy jimps makes for easy shaving of those difficult to reach areas and the interesting design allows you to have all fingers on one side of the scales for even more control. The scales are made of horn and it has a lead wedge. Excellent shaving razor! $45.00
10. Waterville High-Grade 5/8 Half Hollow: another well interesting Waterville with a jimped Swedish inspired thumb notch and a Spanish point. She has some pitting on both sides of the blade, but overall this is a very nice shaving razor. $50.00
11. Wade & Butcher Famous for Shaving BOW Razor 5/8 Half Hollow: This is a beautiful smiling razor! I've done very little to this one other than a light polish. It does have a few spots of pitting on the show side and on the toe of the opposite side, the tail has a little pitting as well. I have not honed this one, but it looks like it would take an excellent edge! $50.00
12. Wade & Butcher Original Bow Razor 13/16 Quarter Hollow: This oldie has a nice smile and a faceted toe. It still has some pitting all over, but after restoration, these marks are light and show its age. It has some hone wear, but it still looks good. $55.00
IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1594.jpg

13. Diamondine #7, M.E. Reppenhagen Germany 6/8 Full Hollow: A nice fairly clean German full hollow with bottom jimps. The blade does have some hone wear, it was flat honed I'm sure, but it has a great edge and is still a great looking vintage razor. The blade has very little in the way of pitting like any razor of its age. $30.00
14. Wade & Butcher Frame Back 6/8: This razor has a brass frame back and bottom jimps. It still has some of its original etching, "The unrivaled and Justly Famed Patent Frame Back" though this one only says, "The unrivaled and Justly Famed." It appears as though the person who owned it before me must have been cleaning up some issues and removed much of the etching. It has little in the way of true condition issues, but it does have a touch of rust on the spine above the shank. $55.00
15. Geo Wostenholm & Sons Celebrated IXL Razor, Washington Works 9/16 Quarter Hollow: This razor is a pre 1891 quarter hollow with horn scales and a lead wedge. The scales are cracked at the wedge, but cause no issues with stability. It does have some marginal hone wear and pitting. I think it may be a slight shorty, but I'm not for sure. $26.00
16. SHELL Real German Hollow Ground 5/8 Full Hollow: This smiling full hollow has very nice top and bottom jimps as well as nicely aged bone scales. It has a custom engraving from its original owner "W.J. Garstang Hairdresser Blackburn". It does have some patina on the tail and a small amount of sight pitting on the toe of the show side and the spine near the toe. Should be a top notch razor! $32.00
IMG_1595.jpg
17. J.R. Torrey Razor 9/16 Near Wedge: Simple little Torrey with some minor pitting on both sides of the razor, fairly clean with some light hone wear. $22.00
18. Herm. Konejung Germany 5/8 Half hollow: This little razor takes a killer edge, and was one of my favorites until it was ousted recently. It is very clean for the most part with the exception of some patina around the pivot and some moderate hone wear. It has bottom jimps and a super cool decal of vintage glasses. $28.00
19. G. Diaz D. Console & Son Solingen 5/8 Full Hollow: This Bone scales razor is in pretty good shape. It has some small condition issues with a little rust at the pivot and some black rust at the tip of the tail, but otherwise it looks pretty great. The razor doesn't appear to have been used too much because it still has the great majority of its original bluing and has minimal hone wear. $32.00
20. Brebeck Solingen Germany 6/8 Full hollow: This razor is in great shape with the exception of a couple of small pits on the face of the blade. I haven't shaved with it in forever, but I remember it was a nice shaver. It has some moderate hone wear, but still has a ton of use left in it. It also has bone scales and bottom jimps. $35.00
21. H. Boker & CO. Edelweiss 5/8 Full Hollow: This gorgeous little Boker is in fairly excellent shape. The etching is still quite bright as is all metal on the razor with the exception of some light pitting and patina on the tail. There is a very light frown, at least to me. I just haven't had the time to get to this one. So, I'm passing it on. It should clean up easily. $70.00
22. The James Razor, Sheffield Steel 5/8 Full hollow: This is a nice 5/8 full hollow with blonde horn scales, a lead wedge, and a slight smile. There is a crack at the pivot end and some light delamination of the horn, but the scales are still quite functional. The razor has little hone wear, some patina on the tail and light pitting in one spot on the non show side. It may be a regrind, I can't be sure, but I can tell you it is very thinly ground. $45.00
23. Erik Anton Berg Eskilstuna Sweden 9/16 Half Hollow: This razor is in great condition over all except for some reason someone put some heavy hone wear on one side and not the other. Otherwise, its in great condition. Bargain Swedish steel! $28.00
24. Bengall Cast Steel 4/8 Half Hollow: This is an oldie, with an interesting tail and thick tang. I think this is a shorty, but not certain. It has blonde horn scales, bulls eye washers and a French point. It doesn't have a much hone wear at all and has very minor pitting. $30.00
25. E. A. Berg Frame Back Eskilstuna Sweden 4/8: This is a cool looking blade. It has some rust on the nonshow side of the blade near the toe and has a slight frown, but with a little love, this tiny Swedish diamond in the rough should be a great shaver. The tang is pretty thin, it will take some practice getting used to it. $24.00
26. C.W. Dahlgren Eskilstuna Sweden Frame Back 5/8: This Swedish razor doesn't appear to have been used too much at all, but it does have light pitting and patina all over the blade. $22.00
27. H Boker and Co. Waldorf 5/8 half hollow: This little beauty has some heavy spine wear, but should still have some left to give. The mother of pearl tang is very pretty and it does have a small crack on the non show side. The razor is in great condition otherwise. $28.00
28. Shapleigh Hardwear St. Louis MO 9/16 Full Hollow: This American full hollow is in fair condition with very light pitting all over it could use a good sanding to bring it back to its original glory. The scales are where its at on this razor, they are beautiful and decorated with holly and a wreath. $20.00

Final call, I’m gonna knock 10% off everything. I’m closing this thread at 11:59pm today. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt I won't buy any of your very fine razors. There are quite a few of them that I'd love to have, but much more than that I hope that they'll stay with you.
Being a father is the best thing that can happen to any loving man.

Matt I won't buy any of your very fine razors. There are quite a few of them that I'd love to have, but much more than that I hope that they'll stay with you.
Being a father is the best thing that can happen to any loving man.

Thank you Arne! I know you’re saying, I need to hang onto some razors, so I can teach him how to shave like a man. No worries my friend, I have more than enough razors. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom