What's new

Semogue fan club.

I don’t think there is a better value in shave brushes than Semogue. Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Any comments.

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
4E604744-53EC-4A32-BBDE-5A3F7349EA52.jpeg

My knot looks 13 years old after the first use with clumped hairs and holes in the knot. I cannot figure out how to get it to fan out and dry like my badgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My knot looks 13 years old after the first use with clumped hairs and holes in the knot. I cannot figure out how to get it to fan out and dry like my badgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just make sure to rinse fully and hang to dry. I sometimes also flick them on a dry clean towel. That owners club brush has only been used four times but it is starting to fan out a bit.

In terms of LE brushes, Semogue is the value king. I would say they definitely rate up there in terms of overall value. Love the 2000, 830, and 730 in badger.

For me the value king is BST. So many excellent brushes going for excellent prices all the time. That's where you'll get true value.

In terms of LE brushes, Semogue is the value king. I would say they definitely rate up there in terms of overall value. Love the 2000, 830, and 730 in badger.

For me the value king is BST. So many excellent brushes going for excellent prices all the time. That's where you'll get true value.
LOL, had to go to wiki to figure out what "brand" BST was :) was used to seeing B/S/T

Depends on what type of brush you like I think.

Omega is a great value for Boars.
Yaqi seems to be a good value for synthetics. I haven't purchased one yet though.

Last edited:
I have a 620 and a 730.
The first came with a hole in the knot. From above it looked like a donut. It never recovered to a decent form.
The latter, after nearly 50 uses, it became way too floppy for my tastes.
I prefer both Zenith (I have a little B08-2006 in faux horn and it is flawless) and Omega (I love my 49 and 10066).
The three brushes together costed me like the single Semogue 730.

Yes, there is a lot better value than Semogue in my book.

I think Omega is a better value for boars simply because they have so many models with super cheap handles. Value isn't everything though. Semogue has done mighty fine offerings and I love their handles. A well broken in SOC is a thing of luxury.

LOL, had to go to wiki to figure out what "brand" BST was :) was used to seeing B/S/T

Depends on what type of brush you like I think.

Omega is a great value for Boars.
Yaqi seems to be a good value for synthetics. I haven't purchased one yet though.

Lol Sorry about that. Got a bit lazy and didn't put the slashes in there to separate it. Omega is great for boars too, and I'm sure the Yaqi's will be great in value. Haven't used one yet, but the handles look great and some excellent prices on the brushes. I got a few coming to use.

I live in Canada so my choice in brands is a little limited. So BST? I’d love to discover a new brand.

+1 I have a very nice Thater, but my collection of SOC boars remains my favorite.
SOC Badger is nice too. I love the fact that they don’t throw hairs all over the place when you use them. I had three Simpson’s and returned two because they shed like crazy. At that price I can’t see where the value lies.

Just to be clear, only one of those brushes is pure boar. The one with acrylic handle is silver tip and the Owners Club is a boar badger blend.

Top Bottom