What's new

FaTip Piccolo Special Edition

I received this razor from Connaught Shaving and as always their customer service is first rate.
The razor has a black chrome head and handle with gold original and gentile base plates.
After a week worth of shaves the black chrome is holding up fine. There is no issue with blade alignment and exposure. It is quite an attractive looking razor. You can find pictures at the Connaught web site.
The shave from the original base plate is smooth and efficient so far with GSB's and Personna Reds. I am able to acheive a BBS in my usual 3 passes. I read that some guys get a BBS in 2 passes and marvel at how they do it. I have seen some videos where the shaver goes over the same area multiple times after the initial lather is removed. Maybe that is how they do it. I define a pass by how many times I apply lather and stop shaving once the lather is removed.
The Gentile head does not work well for me as I have trouble finding the correct angle. It is not very efficient in my view and will not see any further use.
Overall I am quite happy with this razor and will use it frequently. I have bought and sold more razors than I can count both modern and vintage, open and closed combs, slants, and adjustable. This little Piccolo shaves every bit as well as them all for me.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I've been shaving with my new Piccolo Special Edition with the Gentile plate for two weeks now. The new black chrome is holding up well. It's a stunning little razor off set by the gold plates. Next week I'm switching to the classic OC plate. Don't give up on the Gentile plate. Gentile plates seem to be more angle sensitive, but once dialed in are smooth efficient and fun to use. Enjoy your new razor! I'm having so much fun with mine!

is the handle too short for you?
The Piccolo handle is the perfect length for superior maneuverability and overall sportiness (75mm). Of course that's just my opinion; some people prefer vaulting pole length handles.
I imagine that they must be pretty good at reverse parking their stretch limos too. :yesnod:
upload_2018-8-16_4-2-14.png

The Piccolo handle is the perfect length for superior maneuverability and overall sportiness (75mm). Of course that's just my opinion; some people prefer vaulting pole length handles.
I imagine that they must be pretty good at reverse parking their stretch limos too. :yesnod:
View attachment 905001
I just got my 37c and the handle feels a little too short for me. So on hindsight I might have gotten the 39c instead.

It's not a deal breaker. But longer seems more comfortable to me.

View attachment 905001

Single ring clone length then, I would assume the original as well. And 5mm shorter than slims and VDH TTO, I would assume Techs as well.

It's not a deal breaker. But longer seems more comfortable to me.
In this YMMV world you should go with what suits YOU, of course.

If I can't effortlessly move from this:
upload_2018-8-16_4-18-45.png

to this:
upload_2018-8-16_4-19-25.png

(simply by moving the handle between my thumb and index finger) then the handle's too long for me.

Sometimes I wish I had the "retro" handle on my Piccolo. . . . . still eagerly awaiting the new Slant, I wonder what handle it will have?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
For now, yes.

I suspect Connaught signed a temporary exclusive to sell this for a set period of time. Once that expires, other retailers should stock it.

As I understand it, the Piccolo Special Edition is a European item only at the moment, but will become more widely available in the future.

Top Bottom