What's new

Holding a pipe question

When holding a pipe, which hand do you typically use?

• Dominant (right hand if you are right handed)

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Non dominant

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Equal

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I am left handed, and typically I hold my pipe in my left hand. So I voted dominant. Curious if that is the norm.

I voted equal, since my dominant hand was injured and I lost all/most of the dexterous muscles. I can still use my dominant hand for most things, but fine motor skills aren't very good neither is touch feedback. I'll drop small things like keys and pencils all the time since I can't really feel them and forget that they are in my hand.

Generally in the car the pipe will be operated by the left (non dominant) hand, and lounging by the right/both.

I normally hold with my non dominant left hand. I am usually doing something else with my dominant. Holding a book or magazine. Mayhe surfing my phone. I tend to clinch on the left side as well.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I am left handed, and typically I hold my pipe in my left hand. So I voted dominant. Curious if that is the norm.

I mostly use my left as my lighter is decidedly right handed but I switch back and fourth a bit but then again tamp with my right as I am right handed. Strangely if I'm playing an audiobook or music on my phone I'll be doing it with my left hand but if I have a phone call I'm right eared.

Clearly I ran away from my juggling family in the circus.

My dominant hand is usually doing something else, I have a hard time just sitting doing notta. iPad, book, magazine, tool, beverage, whatever.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I voted dominant but could have voted both, certainly use dominant more, particularly if I'm just contemplating the space/time continuum.

About equal I think. Mostly the hand opposite to the corner of the mouth that the pipe is in. Lighting and tamping is done with the prominent hand, so the pipe is in the non-dominant at those times.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If I'm not doing something with my dominant hand, then I hold it with my dominant hand, but I'm often doing something with my dominant hand, so there you go.

That's when I'm not clenching.

Top Bottom