What's new

How do you rinse your razor?

It seems to me that there are two ways to go about this:
  • turn the tap on each time and rinse it off
  • fill the sink with water and rinse it in the sink
I've always done the first option, but I notice that my sink drain frequently gets "gunked up" (that may not be the technical plumbing term for it). I'm thinking that maybe filling the sink might dilute everything a bit more . What do you do and do you find that you have issues with the drain getting clogged?

I find filling the sink may not be so hygienic.
And would require more water.

The only advantage I can think of, is that your razor would glide a little more (especially with hard water).

But honestly, my sink is square shape, and so it would really demand huge quantity of water. So that is the main reason I don't fill it :D

It seems to me that there are two ways to go about this:
  • turn the tap on each time and rinse it off
  • fill the sink with water and rinse it in the sink
I've always done the first option, but I notice that my sink drain frequently gets "gunked up" (that may not be the technical plumbing term for it). I'm thinking that maybe filling the sink might dilute everything a bit more . What do you do and do you find that you have issues with the drain getting clogged?
Sink getting clogged only when shaving my 3 month old beard. Otherwise not.

I try to turn the tap on when rinsing, since filling the sink don't seem hygienic enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I fill the sink and swish my razor through the water as needed. I don't consider it unhygienic. I'm shaving, not delivering a baby.

M

Member 113878

Doing the same here.
Sink is small, and gets about half-full.
I wash it carefully after each shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I fill the sink and swish in the sink, after I finish the shave I drain the water and then rinse the razor under some running water.

Short bursts to flush out soap and hair. Occasionally I'll fill the sink with hot water and dish soap to clean up any shave soap residue that sticks around.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I fill the sink but maybe i should try the rap method more. I use the tap when traveling

Top Bottom