What's new

Clipper blade question

I am wondering how to more throughly sanitize clipper blades. I’m already doing the typical brushing off loose hair, spraying with commercial disinfectants/cleaning/lubricating sprays.

However, some pathogens are not killed by those sprays.

I was wondering if it were technically harmful to spritz some isopropyl alcohol on the blades, wiped it clean, and then use the commercial product and oil as needed.

Am I overthinking things? I’m a student who is practicing all the industry standard stuff but have come to realize several pathogens are not killed by the disinfecting solutions alone.

Well, I realized this is more of an off-topic chat about anything forum hah. I was thinking barbering. However, based on some threads I've found on google that where in these forums, I'm holding out hope that someone can come in can tell me some of what I'm looking for. Thanks!

I use Andis clipper disinfectant. According to label, kills anything id be worried about and lubricates at same time.not sure that alcohol would kill anything that spray wouldnt.

I use Andis clipper disinfectant. According to label, kills anything id be worried about and lubricates at same time.not sure that alcohol would kill anything that spray wouldnt.
I can't find a commercial disinfectant that kills hep a/b/c. If anyone knows of one I would love to know.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I would suggest if you are truly concerned, get a set of clippers with detachable blades and soak them in barbicide.

There is the problem, how do you 'soak' a non-detachable blade clipper in barbicide?
what i've done in the past is to leave the clipper "dipped" in the barbicide solution. But just enough for the blade so it doesn't get any into the motor, making sure that the clippers are like this (pic from youtube for reference):

proxy.php

after dipping them, just make sure they dry completely before using them. That should solve your clipper dilemma.

Last edited:
Top Bottom