What's new

Timeless .68 OC VS Blackbird OC

So I am currently using a polished Timeless .68 OC and absolutely love it, but am thinking about picking up a polished Blackbird open comb for some variety. Was hoping to get a comparison from anyone with both. I am a head and beard shaver so really hoping to hear from some head shavers with experience using both of these razors. I know this has been hashed out a million times, but I have not found much info regarding my criteria above.

I haven't used the Timeless, but the Blackbird OC is the only razor I use. Nothing gives me as smooth and efficient a shave as it, even Artist Club razors and other high end stainless steel razors. I absolutely love mine.

I use the timeless .95 OC for head shaves every day .Blackbird OC is great for my face but too much for my head so the .68 should be fine for your head

I absolutely love mine.

Agreed. The BB OC is one of the best. I haven't tried the timeless, nor do I want to spend the money... They are beautiful; just not for me.

For head shaving I'm working on that, but need something milder than the BB OC. I'm moley and bleed if I look too closely.

Surprisingly the OREM Occam's razor excels with head shaving. I need to learn patience and good technique with other razors.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Blackbird OC is more efficient than timeless 0.95 sb if that helps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The BB is closer to the Timeless .95, not the .68. It might be even more efficient .95

I ordered the .95 and when it came it just didn't feel right. Too big and heavy for my taste.

The BB OC is well balanced, solid but not bulky. Dream to use. I am not a head shaver but the BB is pretty efficient and I would think require a delicate hand to head shave without hacking your self up. But ask someone who actually shaves a head how well it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BB is closer to the Timeless .95, not the .68. It might be even more efficient .95

I ordered the .95 and when it came it just didn't feel right. Too big and heavy for my taste.

The BB OC is well balanced, solid but not bulky. Dream to use. I am not a head shaver but the BB is pretty efficient and I would think require a delicate hand to head shave without hacking your self up. But ask someone who actually shaves a head how well it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my experience with both see post #3

I may have to stick with my Timeless. It is sounding like the Blackird might have a little too much bite for head shaving.

I have the blackbird polished solid bar and the timeless .68 OC

I use them for head shaving and for my neck below my beard

Both are very good - I have only had 4 head shaved with the blackbird whereas 14 months with the timeless master kit

I find the timeless more smoother, but the BB more efficient

There is more blade feel on the BB
I feel that I have to be more careful with the BB

However I get BBS with both of them. No cuts with both (I do have to go more careful with the BB)

I like the smaller and more manoverable head on the BB

Both are good razors, timeless is better IMHO regarding build quality, but the BB is still very very good

I wouldn’t sell either. Both are keepers.

I want a paradigm Titanium 2 next. Hope this helps

YMMV

I have the blackbird polished solid bar and the timeless .68 OC

I use them for head shaving and for my neck below my beard

I find the timeless more smoother, but the BB more efficient

There is more blade feel on the BB
I feel that I have to be more careful with the BB

Given that blackbird need a very precise angle to be effective and well behaved, I'd say it might be quite challenging to use it to shave the back of one's head as that is an area i which one is operating 'blind'...ie. more on instinct than certainty.

Given that blackbird need a very precise angle to be effective and well behaved, I'd say it might be quite challenging to use it to shave the back of one's head as that is an area i which one is operating 'blind'...ie. more on instinct than certainty.

I’ve had a lot more shaves with my Blackbird now. I use it as my go to razor since I posted here in September. I like the blackbird more more and more with each shave.

It has more blade feel which seemed weird to me and confused this for anticipated irritation, but I have gotten used to the blade feel and have got quite a few BBS, no irritation, no alum block burning with the Blackbird now.

I have put the timeless away, but will get out the .68 OC to see if it was a difference in my technique.

I have since purchased a Paradigm titanium SE, and a Karve (A+B plate) DE razor. Both are very good, but I like the blackbird the most so far. I need more shaves with these to give a full comparrison. I am using the SE exclusively recently to hone in the technique. Will then switch to the Karve, timeless and back to Blackbird.

For all of the comments above, they are specifically related to my head shaving. All of the razors I use have issues with neck sensitivity, apart from the Karve B plate. But I will continue with each to adjust technique.

Hope the long ramble helps.

I’ve had a lot more shaves with my Blackbird now. I use it as my go to razor since I posted here in September. I like the blackbird more more and more with each shave.

It has more blade feel which seemed weird to me and confused this for anticipated irritation, but I have gotten used to the blade feel and have got quite a few BBS, no irritation, no alum block burning with the Blackbird now.

I have put the timeless away, but will get out the .68 OC to see if it was a difference in my technique.

I have since purchased a Paradigm titanium SE, and a Karve (A+B plate) DE razor. Both are very good, but I like the blackbird the most so far. I need more shaves with these to give a full comparrison. I am using the SE exclusively recently to hone in the technique. Will then switch to the Karve, timeless and back to Blackbird.

For all of the comments above, they are specifically related to my head shaving. All of the razors I use have issues with neck sensitivity, apart from the Karve B plate. But I will continue with each to adjust technique.

Hope the long ramble helps.

Blackbird is a lot more efficient than Timeless .68.
I am not a head shaver but I cannot imagine shaving my head with it. That being said it’s probably my favourite Razor. Definitely a learning curve though.

I won't comment as to which razor you should purchase, but I will say that much to my surprise a lot of my customers use the Blackbird for head shaving and love it. As a non-head shaver, my initial advice would be that the Blackbird probably isn't what I would personally recommend for the task. Scott TheCleanShaver posted at least one video using a Blackbird for head shaving so you might want to check that out to see if it's what you're looking for.

Can't speak to the 68 but having owned Timeless 95 OC and BB I kept the former and traded the latter. Timeless is both more effective and smoother ATG on the tough stubble on my head which is where push comes to shove in my world.

I won't comment as to which razor you should purchase, but I will say that much to my surprise a lot of my customers use the Blackbird for head shaving and love it. As a non-head shaver, my initial advice would be that the Blackbird probably isn't what I would personally recommend for the task. Scott TheCleanShaver posted at least one video using a Blackbird for head shaving so you might want to check that out to see if it's what you're looking for.

I appreciate the honesty and have come to the conclusion that I do not need a open comb for head shaving. Would you say that the Gem or Dart would be better for task?

I appreciate the honesty and have come to the conclusion that I do not need a open comb for head shaving. Would you say that the Gem or Dart would be better for task?

I think the Sabre (GEM) or the Vector (ACSE) are the better choices for head shaving. The Vector is a bit too new to have sufficient feedback from head shavers, but I can confirm that both the Sabre Level One and Level Two are well liked by head shavers because they are efficient while still being safe enough to blindly shave with.

Top Bottom