What's new

Just placed an order

i think i have a disorder, as i just placed another order :)

Only been at this game for around three months and once the order below comes in my Den will comprise of the following

• Edwin Jagger DE89
  • Rockwell 6C
  • Soaps… Wholly Kaw Rose Concerto, A & E Vanille de Tabac, CaD, Tabac Original, Proraso Green, Rockwell Barbershop
  • AS splash…. Wholly Kaw Rose Concerto, A & E Vanille de Tabac, CaD, Proraso Green, Proraso Red
  • Balm…. Proraso Oatmeal
  • 2 Synthetic Brushes
so much for getting into this to save money lol

I think i have a problem, but after joining this lovely forum i know I am not alone :001_rolle

Order.jpg

Attachments

• Order.jpg
    Order.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15
I think i have a problem, but after joining this lovely forum i know I am not alone :001_rolle
Oh, @StratMan, the only problem I see is that there are no blades or bowls/scuttles!! With those fine razors, you're gonna need to get a really good selection of blades!! And with brushes, you'll have to try them out on various bowls or scuttles!! You'll also need to acquire shelving or cupboards and brushes/razor stands!!

Seriously, your den is going to have some excellent items in it!! I love the looks of the Rockwell 6C in gunmetal and am so close to putting in an order for one!!

hey guys will def report back soon as i try them..

@Grundi.. got some blades feathers and persona platinum's have worked out great so far with those razors but def have to try more.. dont really see a need for a scuttle but have a bowl..

best investment to date, cost a whopping $2 at target.. fits into the palm nicely, and good size for the brush.. those graphics are actually indented so think they actually help the lather but dunno for sure

and yeah got me a stand :)
DE89.JPG

Stand.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

I don’t see it as a problem! You’ve crossed over from shaving as a necessity to a hobby. It truly is quite enjoyable. Congrats on your order, looking forward to reading your reviews.

hey guys will def report back soon as i try them..

@Grundi.. got some blades feathers and persona platinum's have worked out great so far with those razors but def have to try more.. dont really see a need for a scuttle but have a bowl..

best investment to date, cost a whopping $2 at target.. fits into the palm nicely, and good size for the brush.. those graphics are actually indented so think they actually help the lather but dunno for sure

and yeah got me a stand :)
View attachment 901247

View attachment 901248

View attachment 901246
Looking good and love the looks of the bowl!! I personally think that texture does help with lathering.

And you've discovered a not-so-well-kept "secret"...amazing equipment doesn't have to be the most expensive (although it's nice to splurge from time to time)!!

@dmshaver.. its def a problem, but a good problem to have :)

@Grundi, I am always on the lookout for 'value for money'

@ jackgoldman you know it :) couple of strats + a les paul. GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) is very similar to RAD lol

@jdp93 victim would infer i am doing this against my will, convert absolutely... i see the light :)

BLUES_BROTHERS-17.jpg

I just purchased rose concerto as well. I absolutely love it!!!!
Ariana & Evans soaps are excellent! I can't believe they aren't talked about more.

my stuff just came in :)

my nose is going bananas with all these smells.. will be shaving with the vanille de tabac and will sit down and give all a good smelling though tonight and give my thoughts tomorrow

so i have had two shaves in less than 24 hours lol... started with the A & E Vanille de Tabac last night with the Rockwell 6C. the lather started really well (as you can see from the pics below) but i think i added too much water to it in the end. The smell was fantastic, hint of vanilla but you could also smell the tobacco leaf.. very happy with the shave performance and the smell

this morning i took out the wholly kaw rose and the Edwin Jagger 89. I dont know if i got lucky with the soap but very easy to lather and OMG moment with the slickness and feel of the soap. This is without doubt the best soap i have used to date, super smooth and zero burn.. post shave i just applied the AS (no alum) and the skin feels amazing. I am hopeless in describing scents but this was fantastic. I can def smell rose in it but it isnt overpowering, smell a bit of woodiness to it and some other scents but cant put my finger on it.

very happy with both purchases.. but just when i thought i have killed my SAD, i am already thinking of what to get next.. the aim is to wait till xmas though :)

Just be glad you have not started using straight razors ....yet!
Then you can start collecting straight razors (modern, custom and vintage), hones (synthetic and natural) and strops (cowhide, horsehide, kangaroo hide, linen, cotton, poly, etc.) .
It is a great time to be a traditional wet shaver.

Top Bottom