What's new

Dr. Grabow mail order perks!

Yesterday I randomly visited the website of dr grabow pipes. The site was somewhat minimal but from what I've heard the company is very old fashioned (not a bad thing haha). One portion of the site you can sign up for special offers and info. I'm a pretty big grabow fan so I was happy to oblige.

I got an email this morning with multiple attachments of their special offers and info. I learned alot of new things about this company that was pretty neat.

Dr grabow still offers a mail order service. You can buy their pipes directly from them with this service and get some pretty good discounts this way. They also offer discounts on pipe cleaners, pipe tools, and some other accessories. They even have a couple "special" pipes available that aren't for sale through retail. Pretty neat!

Another neat service is their mail order stem service. They will replace your stem and buff for $12. $3 shipping for up to 4 pipes according to the email. Even vintage grabows. Very neat and a great deal!

Might have to put their mail order service to use soon. Very neat company! Thought I would pass along the info. Sign up on their site and they will send ya the info.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Old fashioned maybe but wow . . . they make about 800 pipes a day. I signed up. Asked them if they deal with Canadians.

Old fashioned maybe but wow . . . they make about 800 pipes a day. I signed up. Asked them if they deal with Canadians.
They are definitely proficient. I like old fashioned :001_smile. I have a three of their pipe that I am interested in. Maybe I'll order them sometime soon.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That looks neat! I may have to try that.

I wish Yello-Bole would do something...seems like all they have to offer for new ones is the Brylon crap.

That looks neat! I may have to try that.

I wish Yello-Bole would do something...seems like all they have to offer for new ones is the Brylon crap.

Nice to know, thanks!!
:thumbup: No problem. Figured I would pass on the info. Especially the stem replacement service. I know sometimes the old estates can have some really chewed up and destroyed stems.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
In honor of your great, working man's pipe thread....

Some Carter Hall in Dad's old Yello-Bole (it has the KBB inside the clover leaf stamped on the shank) along with a recently manufactured Dr. Grabow patiently waiting in the background. I have yet to find a recently manufactured Yello-Bole that has the yellow stem.

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Simon I always love your armchair pics.

Well thank you. I like the fabric covered Lazyboy as opposed to the leather couch thing SWMBO likes. The cats like it also...the Calico sleeps in it on a regular basis. Grandma cat likes to get on the footrest when it's up. I can say "The blue chair" and the Calico will jump up in it. Grandma looks like she is saying "Put the footrest up."

That's a Savinelli on the end table by the T.V. remote.

DSC_0001 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Well thank you. I like the fabric covered Lazyboy as opposed to the leather couch thing SWMBO likes. The cats like it also...the Calico sleeps in it on a regular basis. Grandma cat likes to get on the footrest when it's up. I can say "The blue chair" and the Calico will jump up in it. Grandma looks like she is saying "Put the footrest up."

That's a Savinelli on the end table by the T.V. remote.

View attachment 900110

Are Cats good pets? I am contemplating getting a pet for my kids.

i had to look after seeing this thread. Back in my smoking days, Grabows were the cheapest, and most readily available pipe there was. Walgreens Pharmacy had a wall with pipes on display right next to all the pipe tobaccos. They weren't behind the counter so you could go up and check it out. They also had a line of meerschaum pipes and meerschaum lined bowls

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Are Cats good pets? I am contemplating getting a pet for my kids.

That depends on your definition of "Good pet." Cats are pretty independent. But...I'm a professional cat herder.

Coco the Calico seems to like the Dr. Grabow though. She's rather fond of Carter Hall. Looks like she just got a good nic. hit.

DSC_0008 (2).JPG

You'd probably be better off with a puppy for the kids. Dogs are easier to train and loyal. Housebreaking a pup can be a pain for awhile though.

You know...the "boy and his dog" thing.

Have you ever tried herding cats? :yikes:

Top Bottom