What's new

Wunderbar vs. 37c

Hey guys, I've been on a razor buying kick lately and have my mind set on the Wunderbar. I already have a Merkur 37c, and part of me is wondering how much different the shave is, and if it's worth to buy, given I have a decent slant already. I'm hoping some of you guys can give me some feedback!

Yes, it is a step or two up but in a good way. Very efficient but also very smooth. I sold my 37C but the Wunderbar is one of my daily drivers. I used it today.

Yes, it is a step or two up but in a good way. Very efficient but also very smooth. I sold my 37C but the Wunderbar is one of my daily drivers. I used it today.
Crap. I just missed out on one by one bid earlier and I'm kicking myself. I wish they were going to be in stock soon at Italian barber soon . My closest shaver so far is the Merkur Futur on setting 6, but it isn't exactly comfortable being that aggressive lol. My r41 seems somewhat tame now.

Crap. I just missed out on one by one bid earlier and I'm kicking myself. I wish they were going to be in stock soon at Italian barber soon . My closest shaver so far is the Merkur Futur on setting 6, but it isn't exactly comfortable being that aggressive lol. My r41 seems somewhat tame now.
To me the R41 & Wunderbar are very close in efficiency with the Wunderbar on top fractionally. I have not tried a Futur. I did try the older 2011 R41 and didn't care for it. It would just bite quite a bit.

there is another thread asking this exact question if you want to search for it. There is a lot of info and opinions there :)

From what I understand, the Wunderbar is considerably more aggressive than the 37C. I would say if you want that and want an all-stainless razor, its the way to go.

Amazing how close you can get with a single pass of the Wunderbar.

BUT, if i could have only one, it would still be the 37c. Easier friendlier razor, and 2nd with some buffing ends up with equal results.

37c is easier to get close under the nose, and on the neck line. Plus just more idiot proof over all.

Amazing how close you can get with a single pass of the Wunderbar.

BUT, if i could have only one, it would still be the 37c. Easier friendlier razor, and 2nd with some buffing ends up with equal results.

37c is easier to get close under the nose, and on the neck line. Plus just more idiot proof over all.
Well, it's damn near impossible to find a Wunderbar ATM, so I have time to spend with my 37c lol.

This thread inspired me to pick my Wunderbar back up. Great shave this morning with the RR barber pole handle (this combo makes for one great looking, compact and sturdy razor).

Best way I can put is this: the Wunderbar is like the Lamborghini of slants. A little harder to use, but oh so good (and unlike the Lambo, it is still a great daily driver). The 37c is like the Corvette of slants. Easier to use, still pretty darn good (and fun), but it just doesn’t have the cutting power and feel of the Wunderbar.

Ride the cap with this one gents, and no pressure.

Hmmmm, relatively new to the world of slants and kept hearing how aggressive the Wunderbar was so I found one. Really didn't think it was more aggressive than my non-slants like a Blackbird OC, Charcoal level 3 or Timeless 0.95. Maybe it's just me, I also have an Ikon B1 slant in DLC that is about the same to me. Maybe I need lessons

Hmmmm, relatively new to the world of slants and kept hearing how aggressive the Wunderbar was so I found one. Really didn't think it was more aggressive than my non-slants like a Blackbird OC, Charcoal level 3 or Timeless 0.95. Maybe it's just me, I also have an Ikon B1 slant in DLC that is about the same to me. Maybe I need lessons

The OP’s question relates to the 37c; no one said it is the most aggressive razor out there (for which a good contender would be the Futur at setting 6). And as compared with the 37/39c, it’s not more aggressive; it is more efficient, at least for me, when riding the cap. And it will bite if pressure is applied.

The OP’s question relates to the 37c; no one said it is the most aggressive razor out there (for which a good contender would be the Futur at setting 6). And as compared with the 37/39c, it’s not more aggressive; it is more efficient, at least for me, when riding the cap. And it will bite if pressure is applied.
Funny that you mentioned the r41, I just shaved with it a little bit ago. 2 passes with a bit of touch-up and it was a dfs! The 37c is amazing, but still takes three passes to get the same results. Luckily, I found a guy on Reddit that sold me his Wunderbar! It should be in my hands Thursday so I may give it a test run. I can't wait .

What blade are you using in the 37?^^^

I can get BBS with 2 passes and some buffing with the 37 and Feather blades.

Running yellow 7oclock in the Wunderbar. Feathers bit me when i started with the Wunderbar, might be able to get away with them after learning the razor?

What blade are you using in the 37?^^^

I can get BBS with 2 passes and some buffing with the 37 and Feather blades.

Running yellow 7oclock in the Wunderbar. Feathers bit me when i started with the Wunderbar, might be able to get away with them after learning the razor?
I'm using the yellow 7 o'clock in the 37c and the Futur. I used setting 6 for my wtg pass, and setting 3 for XTG. Feeling it now, it's a really clean shave. I have to comment on how great Captain's choice shave soap is btw. Easy to lather, good cushion and glide.

The wunderbar is very efficient and smooth. It's a couple steps above the 37 just ride the cap and no pressure and it's great. I think you will like it.
Happy shaves.
SMURF

Top Bottom