What's new

Avon cologne and aftershave

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wow! Yes, but everyone will have opinions ... vintage Avon rules!

I *had to have* Oland cologne, after getting the after shave.

Deep Woods I never get tired of, and I did use a whole bottle of Wild Country.

Tai Winds is in rotation, as well. All of these are vintage, except the one dead bottle of WC.

Ah. I have one, Trazzarro, I think - it's just OK. Not bad, just not as distinctive as the others.

AA

I find very little if any difference between the aftershave and cologne. Favorite scent by far is Spicy. I also really like Island Lime, not much hang time, but really nice while it lasts. Wild Country, Deep Woods, Oland, Everest, Bravo and Windjammer all get occasional use. Tai Winds I seem to go back and forth on some days I really enjoy it, others it seems a little too much. Seems like if I work up a sweat, it reacts funny with my body chemistry and turns int a strange funk.

tons of great scents no longer manufactured and some good ones still in production. As said above, I cannot tell a big difference between cologne and aftershave.

With Oland, the cologne has a honey note not present in the AS.

AA

I would agree on this. I was given a bunch of Avon bottles a few months back and this car was about 30% full of Oland Cologne. I was a happy boy. Definitely worth the $5 that was paid for the lot for this alone. (plus another 10 oz of WC aftershave, as if I needed more!).

avonsmall.JPG

I find that my favorite Avon is whatever I'm wearing that day. I find myself getting on eBay to see if I can find more, because you never know when you might run out in 10 years... :blink:

(don't sleep on the Leather... it's fantastic)

Wild Country and Leather are strong enough as A/S's. Spicy and Oland deserve cologne strength.

Bravo, Island Lime, Windjammer, and Tribute are also memorable. Everest is pretty good, too.

Clint is OK, Blue Blazer is a waste of time. But to each his own.

Top Bottom