What's new

Former Gillette Razor Man

Probably a mid-life crisis .LOL

I have looked at the forums - TONS on info to keep you occupied for hours.

Basically - looking for recommended UK online stores for shaving soaps, lotion/potions, DE blades etc. Any recommends for brands are welcome. Appreciate there is a mountain of info here, but, it will take me a while to sift through. Will do some research and get a genenral feel for the site though.

Gillette has been buried as I love my new SR. Still sheepish shaving around the Adams Apple though.

Thanks for looking and responding.....

I believe @Atinofpeas is from that side of the pond, may have more insight. May need to try a thread title such as “UK Online Shaving Supplies.”

Good luck!

Oddly enough, the better shaving sites seem to be irish.

Shaving.ie and Connaucht shaving can be recommended.

I've used the traditional shaving company and found them fine.

Don't overlook Ebay. The trusted sellers on there are better than online stores for prices and i've found the delivery and service to be just as good, if not better.

Regarding Brands, just be wary of going off reviews which are years old. Manufacturers reformulate stuff all the time.
For Soaps, Two of the very best brands i would recommend which you can get in the UK are Palmolive and Mitchells Wool Fat (Kents)
For Aftershave balms, Nivea is hard to beat for the price.
Visit any health shop and buy a unscented alum deodorant stick. No need for expensive blocks from a barbers. Its the same stuff, plus you get a decent holder :)
Body shop creams and facial cleansers are excellent as well.

For Razors (DE) and brushes, visit Aliexpress. Cheap as chips and good quality to boot.

+1 on Shaving.ie (Ireland) and Executive Shaving in Scotland. Both reputable companies with excellent customer service.

I have also used the English Shaving company,the Shaving Shack and Shaving Station. All in the Uk and have no problems with them. Shave Lounge UK is another Co with a good selection of shaving gear.

Connaught shaving has a good selection of blades,with Competitive prices or Razor blades club based in Sweden if you want to buy in bulk!.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Sttony1!

You have a great world to discover ahead!

Especially from your base in the shaving mecca of the UK!

Enjoy the journey!!

Would you like to describe your midlife crisis?

Welcome to B&B, Sir Sttony1!

You have a great world to discover ahead!

Especially from your base in the shaving mecca of the UK!

Enjoy the journey!!

Would you like to describe your midlife crisis?
None my friend..... I was in Mayfair GEO Trumper and go the idea from there. Decided not to pay their inflated prices etc; but have a look on the web.

I have just ordered 225 sampler DE blades. One blade a shave and see which ones are fine. Think I can just afford to be so wasteful. Think I will find the correct blade. Was originally sent 10 blades. 5 BIC and 5 Derby. Found the Derby ones better. :a14: Loaded up on all sorts of nice cremes/soaps/oils etc.

I have just ordered 225 sampler DE blades. One blade a shave and see which ones are fine. Think I can just afford to be so wasteful. Think I will find the correct blade. Was originally sent 10 blades. 5 BIC and 5 Derby. Found the Derby ones better. :a14: Loaded up on all sorts of nice cremes/soaps/oils etc.
Be aware that sometimes the 2nd or 3rd shave on a blade is the best one!

Have fun!

Top Bottom