What's new

Anyone use brushless shave creams?

I recently used a bunch of my samples that I have been collecting, some of which were brushless shave dreams. I realize half the fun of shaving with a cream is whipping up a mass of lather with a brush. Does any use and enjoy brushless shave creams? Is there a particular brand that is stellar? Am I missing something?

I've used Cremo. Has the one quality I seek most in a cream: slickness. But like you, I enjoy the lathering process. When I use Cremo now it's as a pre-shave, applying it to my face then lathering over it. I've also used it for a super lather--putting a dab on top of a puck of soap before loading the brush.

Pre de Provence No. 63 is pretty close to brushless cream and is super slick. It’s a cream more than a lathering foam. It adheres to your face and stubble quite well. The scent is, in my opinion second to none.
It’s regularly available on Amazon, but finding it in shave-shops is pretty challenging.

I use Cremo for creating superlathers. Combined with soap, it does create a super lather that is slicker than snot. Cremo cooling gives any soap a menthol kick. Cremo bourbon pairs well with PdP 63. Sandalwood works with a lot of woody scents.

I haven’t used a brushless cream in some time. Even when I travel I take a shave stick.

I did try some Ariana & Evans shave serum (brushless cream) some time back and it worked well. Before that was in my cartridge days with either Barbasol, gel, or Noxema for shaving cream. I enjoy brush and face lather too much nowadays.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Not used brushless creams, but I do have a non-foaming gel. It's fantastic for last pass touch ups if you're chasing perfection, and has great residual slickness. However, try using it on a three or four day growth, and you end up with a matted horrible mess that clogs the razor, and lumps in the sink that need poking down the plughole. Not pretty.

I use Cremo for creating superlathers. Combined with soap, it does create a super lather that is slicker than snot. Cremo cooling gives any soap a menthol kick. Cremo bourbon pairs well with PdP 63. Sandalwood works with a lot of woody scents.
Now that has my attention.

Pacific shaving “caffeinated” cream is very good and provides great slickness and protection. Great for travel, it leaves a nice face feel afterwards too.

Pair it with the “caffeinated” aftershave that is good stuff as well.

Brushless is not my first choice as others have said, but sometimes it is just the thing when on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific shaving “caffeinated” cream is very good and provides great slickness and protection. Great for travel, it leaves a nice face feel afterwards too.

Brushless is not my first choice as others have said, but sometimes it is just the thing when on the go.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too use it as a travel product and find it good for that.

I've used Cremo and Lush shaving creams, but I prefer the lathering type, personal preference, I guess. Cremo and Lush did have a good amount of slickness and residual slick. However, around my area, Cremo does seem to be available in more regular stores.

I was gifted a box of Kiehl's shaving cream a while back. It contained three different shave creams and I did not like any of them.

I have a few in my rotation...Tomorrow's shave will be with EGO brushless , an excellent highly concentrated brushless cream from Ukraine ....

Attachments

• DSCN3531.JPG
    DSCN3531.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
Back in my poor student days I would often shave with hair conditioner, hand lotion or even just some olive oil. Whatever was at hand...I didn't give it much thought. When you think of it these were just brushless shave creams. They worked fine. I guess I just like working up a thick lather with a brush.

Cella Milano Shaving Cream: the worst of the worst. It drips of my face and clogs a DE razor and when used with a straight razor it drips onto the handle and your hands.

I recently used a bunch of my samples that I have been collecting, some of which were brushless shave dreams. I realize half the fun of shaving with a cream is whipping up a mass of lather with a brush. Does any use and enjoy brushless shave creams? Is there a particular brand that is stellar? Am I missing something?

Cremo: I have every variation and they work very well for me. Slick, and I get a great shave every day. Cremo's also inexpensive and available everywhere; that comes in handy.

Top Bottom