What's new

Gillette slide ATG, anyone (else)?

As of recent I've found myself more and more doing an impromptu ATG Gillette slide on my neck.. only way for me to catch and eliminate some weird swirls in one pass (mostly)
Am I the only one doing that?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've shaved off-perpendicular on my neck for as long as I can remember, 20+ years before I found out that Gillette once suggested it. Below the jawline, my beard grows from left to right, and I can't get the razor to go directly against the grain in some areas. Skewing the head slightly and shaving diagonally, is as close to against the grain as I can get. I still have to accept a little compromise directly below the goatee most days. In the neck crease, just above the Adams apple, is always a challenge.

I also share non-linear in some areas too, in tight intersecting and opposing arcs, as while most of my beard follows the map, not all of it does, particularly the right hand jawline. Along that area the left to right growth meets the diagonally down and slightly forwards growth on the cheek. There is several different growth directions in one stroke of the razor, and if I'm chasing "perfection" the arcs are the only way to get that area totally smooth.

As of recent I've found myself more and more doing an impromptu ATG Gillette slide on my neck.. only way for me to catch and eliminate some weird swirls in one pass (mostly)
Am I the only one doing that?

I sort of do that during my XTG pass. My blade is at a 45° angle and pulled horizontally. That lets me keep the blade in constant contact along its entire length with my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more likely to do a J-hook on my neck. Forward under the jaw and down, alongside of my Adam's apple, and that's all ATG.
I'm sure that a bit of a slide gets in there too. Drifting on the turns.
proxy.php

I've tried J-hooks but I'd have to go full circle with them to catch some of those pesky swirls...
Love the idea of drifting on my neck, though :D

Top Bottom