What's new

So... what do I have here?

Picked this up on the bay, and to be honest, the seller misrepresented the pics, I thought it was a solid handle I just hadn't seen before. There was no picture of the end of the handle showing it had been crudely cut off - I suspect the handle is off either milady or and old type ball end, and it's been crudely cut short to fit the nickel plated case.

proxy.php

proxy.php

That said, I didn't over pay very much and I'm intrigued. I THINK I have an incomplete 1920's Vienna Vest Pocket 4 piece travel razor like this one:

proxy.php

what do you guys think? Mine is a Made in Canada model and has no markings on the case and clearly has the wrong handle, but otherwise it looks pretty close. Thoughts?

Now I wonder if I'll be able to find a handle for it...???

Just return it and search for the proper complete set.
Seller's mispresentation sounds like a good enough reason to request a return.

Nah, for the price I gave for it, I'd keep it just for the cool made in Canada old type head. All my other Old Type razors are USA models. If I ever find a correct handle, bonus, but if not, I'll stick it on another handle for now.

Yeah, I have a few now. I have thin and thick old types, a Fasan slant, Aristocrat, Slim, a few Superspeeds, a New Improved and some modern Merkur offerings.

I have't had a SC or LC New yet, but they are on the proverbial list.

Top Bottom