What's new

Lies, I tell ya, nothin' but lies!

Theme revisited: Geo Washington did not chop down that cherry tree. Steinback's Travels with Charley was mostly fiction. Sticking your head under a schoolroom desk is not much protection from an atomic attack. All you need is love...is malarkey. Traditional shaving will save you money? Sure. If you live to be 103. LOL

Oh well, cheaper than many other pursuits, hobbies, and interests. :)

And that's true. Honest. Why, compared to polo ponies....

Mac

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Theme revisited: Geo Washington did not chop down that cherry tree. Steinback's Travels with Charley was mostly fiction. Sticking your head under a schoolroom desk is not much protection from an atomic attack. All you need is love...is malarkey. Traditional shaving will save you money? Sure. If you live to be 103. LOL

Oh well, cheaper than many other pursuits, hobbies, and interests. :)

And that's true. Honest. Why, compared to polo ponies....

Mac
Since finding the Brown Leaf, my shaving acquisitions have gone way down. :)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Traditional shaving will save you money? Sure. If you live to be 103. LOL

It will if you're not a shopaholic :D

Traditional shaving costs me less than £20/year, most years (although I have spent a bit more this year, but that'll just make future years cheaper). Some folks here can't spend less than that in a week :lol:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im still waiting for my savings to materialize
Any day now for sure
The check is in the mail........

savings is a word that gets thrown around way too often to even believe it anymore, take for example black Friday, many items are half off or even cheaper, so one should say you save half of what you normally would spend, but how is it saving if you buy something that you neither need or were even thinking on buying in the first place? that just means you LOST half of an amount you were not going to spend, so when it comes to saving while shaving, is safe for me to say go bearded, and then I would call it savings!

It will if you're not a shopaholic :D

Traditional shaving costs me less than £20/year, most years (although I have spent a bit more this year, but that'll just make future years cheaper). Some folks here can't spend less than that in a week :lol:

I agree. The cost comes in acquisition disorder. If someone could settle on one razor and one brush it would be cheaper. But we can't do that. We just keep buying and trying (part of the fun). For me, it's chasing that BBS shave. It leads me to keep purchasing products. It's not the shaving that cost, it's the disorder that most of us suffer from :)

I bought a case of arko and a box of blades last year and a brush, and a brush to replace the brush I lost in the showers of Kuwait. So last year I probably spent $35

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Shavepocalypse is real and it's a-comin' soon! Come's the end and it won't be pretty!

Are the Showers of Kuwait anything like a Turkish Bath House? If so, how you lost the brush is probably TMI.
Do you like movies about gladiators? :)

Are the Showers of Kuwait anything like a Turkish Bath House? If so, how you lost the brush is probably TMI.
No imagine a trailer with nothing but stall showers and sinks. It was an omega professional boar brush. It was a good brush but I didn’t like the length of the bristles. I ended up having to use a vdh boar brush though :(

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Do you like movies about gladiators? :)
... he asked him, knowingly.

proxy.php

Top Bottom