What's new

Muhle R41 head - Maggard MR8 handle

I'm considering buying a new handle for my R41. The handle that came with it is very slippery and light. I don't like it. Has anyone combined the R41 head with the big fat heavy Maggard MR8 handle?

I'm considering buying a new handle for my R41. The handle that came with it is very slippery and light. I don't like it. Has anyone combined the R41 head with the big fat heavy Maggard MR8 handle?
I have an MR7 handle I believe and it is similar in length and weight to the MR8 and have an r41 head with it. Haven't shaved with it yet since it came a few days ago but it seems like a decent balance..at least for me it does.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a R41 Head on a RazoRock Stainless Steel Barber pole Handle. Love it the weight and balance is perfect so is the Grip.
Plus it looks COOL. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that this thread would come up..
I have been using a mr8 on my R41
Since i got it for me it's a perfect match.
Something went wrong in my shopping cart and i ended up with 2 MR8 handles
PM me if you want to pick up a brand new
Never used handle for a really nice price..
I hope this isn't against the forums rules.
If so please ignore the post..

Funny that this thread would come up..
I have been using a mr8 on my R41
Since i got it for me it's a perfect match.
Something went wrong in my shopping cart and i ended up with 2 MR8 handles
PM me if you want to pick up a brand new
Never used handle for a really nice price..
I hope this isn't against the forums rules.
If so please ignore the post..
I can't find the handle please ignore
This post.

I have the R41 on a Maggard MR18 handle and love it.

Same setup that I use. I like the balance and feel of the heavier MR8 handle on the R41 head. I just let the weight do all the work and just guide the razor along. Plenty of good grip as well.

I have just started using RR's Radio Knob handle (came with the SLOC), that handle is also a bit heavier than the stock R41 handle and easier to grip as well. I have 2 shaves on the R41 with that handle and notice a subtle improvement in ease of handling, though I am conscience of the added weight.

When you say the handle that came with your R41 is slippery, do you mean it's slippery all the time? I use the R41 with the handle that came with it and it's only slippery when I get soap on it. I just rinse it with a little water and it's no longer slippery.

As far as the handle being light, I find that it makes for a head forward shave. I like the weight of the head applying pressure when I shave. It gives me a closer shave.

When you say the handle that came with your R41 is slippery, do you mean it's slippery all the time? I use the R41 with the handle that came with it and it's only slippery when I get soap on it. I just rinse it with a little water and it's no longer slippery.

As far as the handle being light, I find that it makes for a head forward shave. I like the weight of the head applying pressure when I shave. It gives me a closer shave.

I feel like it is kind of slippery at all times. Even when dry. Maybe I have oily hands. As far as the head weight, I never really considered that. I guess I'll have to wait until my MR8 handle arrives in the mail to see if it affects my ability to get a close shave.

Top Bottom