What's new

What am I doing wrong?

I used to use only soaps, recently I bought a couple creams and also received some samples so I have been using just cream for the past couple weeks. Today I tried to use a soap, It's like I forgot how to use it. I got a really thin (lots of bubbles) lather. So I tried again with less water. This was a little better but not much. Have I become spoiled by how thick the l;ather is with creams or is there somehting I am doing wrong?

I let the brush soak.
Then I lift it out of the water to let the H2O drain out and give the brush one good flick, then I spin the brush around on the soap.
I then move to a stainless steel bowl and lather.

Today I used St Charles Soap and also tried with Proraso.

Any suggestions would help.

Increase the amount of swirls you do on the cake of soap. I've noticed that I get a much thicker lather when I do 20-30 swirls or more.

roughrider said:
Increase the amount of swirls you do on the cake of soap. I've noticed that I get a much thicker lather when I do 20-30 swirls or more.

Sometimes the solution is so obvious it's hard to see. I definitely need to do more swirls.

Thanks

Lol.. wow this thread is old. But hey, question is still relevant. When questions like this are asked, first thought in mind is to load more soap.

Guys I saw this, I'm wondering what happened also , I think the lather monster may have got him. Hmm

Might be a bit too late, but my first thought is that his loading technique is way, way too wet! You need to wring out the brush and get all the water out, otherwise you just get a bubbly mess.

Top Bottom