What's new

Maca Root Shave Cream

I remember when the "old" Macca Root was the "new" Body Shop shaving cream. Apparently the one before it was very popular here too.

Would this be "the" Maca root to go for and is now discontinued ?
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

I believe this version is discontinued globally and replaced with the new maca root aloe Vera formula. Am I correct ?
Does anyone have experience of the new formula and how it compares to the one just discontinued ?

I believe this version is discontinued globally and replaced with the new maca root aloe Vera formula. Am I correct ?
Does anyone have experience of the new formula and how it compares to the one just discontinued ?

It won't be anywhere near as good as the old one regardless.

All dead men are great.
All brides are beautiful
Old classics are better than modern remakes.

The older Maca is good. Better than the new one? Probably. They did not even lather the same.

And old Maca has way better residual slickness, more dense lather. It outperforms easily ToBS, believe it or not.

All of you non believers, grab an old tub and enjoy. A little goes a long way.

Note: Watch out with water. Dribblets only, add slowly.

Thank you
Randy

Just came back from The Body Shop. I smelled the new formula and to my nose it smells the same as the old one. The girl at the shop told me it's the same formula with just a new packaging to match their other products, according to her it's one of their best selling product so there's no reason to change the formula. The old formula was on sale for C$5 compared to the C$18 for the new formula, couldn't resist it at the price even though I don't really need it.

Just came back from The Body Shop. I smelled the new formula and to my nose it smells the same as the old one. The girl at the shop told me it's the same formula with just a new packaging to match their other products, according to her it's one of their best selling product so there's no reason to change the formula. The old formula was on sale for C$5 compared to the C$18 for the new formula, couldn't resist it at the price even though I don't really need it.

What the f? ? 18$ to $5?? Unbelievable. Now I strongly believe than they are different creams. The girls there only polish their nails. One said to me that the tube 125ml Maca Root is brushless cream and the tub 200ml is the one that is used with brush.

I hope you grabbed an old one tub. You will make yourself a favour.

PS you always need a damn good slick cream.

What the f? ? 18$ to $5?? Unbelievable. Now I strongly believe than they are different creams. The girls there only polish their nails. One said to me that the tube 125ml Maca Root is brushless cream and the tub 200ml is the one that is used with brush.

I hope you grabbed an old one tub. You will make yourself a favour.

PS you always need a damn good slick cream.

Yes I did grab the old formula. I've used it in the past and it's a great product. I still have a lot of soap but at $5 why not.

It's not the same formula. Here is the old formula:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Parfum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Bertholletia Excelsa Nut Oil, Creatine, Sesamum Indicum Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lepidium Meyenii Root, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryloyl Glycine, Citric Acid.

And here is the new formula:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Creatine, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lepidium Meyenii Root, Citric Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryloyl Glycine.

Strangely enough notice that the old Maca Root formula has aloe gel as the fourth ingredient and the new Maca Root and Aloe formula has Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice powder as the sixteenth ingredient. I now have two full tubs of the old formula and see no reason to buy the new one. And if I can find a third for the same price I paid for the other two, $8 total, I'll pick one up and will never need to buy another Maca Root shave cream as long as I live.

It's not the same formula. Here is the old formula:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Parfum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Bertholletia Excelsa Nut Oil, Creatine, Sesamum Indicum Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lepidium Meyenii Root, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryloyl Glycine, Citric Acid.

And here is the new formula:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenethyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Creatine, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesame Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lepidium Meyenii Root, Citric Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryloyl Glycine.

Strangely enough notice that the old Maca Root formula has aloe gel as the fourth ingredient and the new Maca Root and Aloe formula has Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice powder as the sixteenth ingredient. I now have two full tubs of the old formula and see no reason to buy the new one. And if I can find a third for the same price I paid for the other two, $8 total, I'll pick one up and will never need to buy another Maca Root shave cream as long as I live.
Way to go man! I think that Body shop should have paid us to promote their cream. The old one, not the crappy new formula!

That old one has aloe gel in high quantity and the new one has aloe powder (what is this really) and in very small quantity. They claim the title to be Maca Root & Aloe Vera, but I clearly can't see any serioua aloe in it.

Stock the old one everyone who can.

Sorry—so just to clarify, they are discontinuing the old formula globally, or just in some places?

Top Bottom