What's new

Best Shaving Soap Under $15, With A Link To A Vendor.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
upload_2018-7-1_15-6-58.png

I wonder if there is any agreement on some of the best inexpensive shaving soaps?

Seems to me an inexpensive soap should be $15 or less for a full sized puck not including shipping. Of course, if the shipping is very high and the soap can't be obtained without paying very high shipping even a cheap soap would be expensive, so a soap like that shouldn't count as inexpensive.

Many soaps can be combined with other essential items (another brush, an aftershave, a new razor handle, and a hundred blades) to get free shipping. Still, my idea here is to find and discuss soaps which are outright inexpensive.

Fine.L'OrangeNoir.Open.640..jpg

I'll start with one I like which is inexpensive. In my view of them, which is very limited, the Fine shaving soaps are excellent performers. Whenever I use Fine L'Orange I am amazed at how nicely it lathers, how good the residual glide is, etc. The scent is very pleasant but perhaps on the subtle side.

upload_2018-7-1_15-3-31.png

Here's a link for the soap.

I grated my puck and put it into a nice aluminum screw topped tin. I bought several of these tins on eBay for a good price.

Any other contenders for good inexpensive shaving soaps?

Happy shaves,

Jim

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Under $15 from my personal experience:
Kell's
Haslinger
Uncle Jon
Shannon's
Stirling
Mike's
Speick
Catie's Bubbles
Reef Point
LA Shaving
Maggard
Lisa's

Hi,

All kinds of them. From Williams, ($.89) to VDH, ($4) to Ogallala Bay Rum ($7). Those are just ones I've used. Excellent lathers can be had for very little money.

I think $15 is high end luxury where you begin to pay for presentation , not just performance.

$10 is a better target.
For that you can get a puck of perhaps one of the best soaps ever made and still have enough change for a McDs burger and coffee

Mitchells wool fat shaving soap

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The best inexpensive soap here in Canada is a cream.

$_57.JPG

$3.50 at Walmart.

Proraso White and Green at Shoppers Drug Mart for ~$15.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have very limited experience with different soaps, but I haven't paid more than that for any of them.

My favourites remain unchanged:

Mitchell's Wool Fat £6.95 including UK delivery (125g)
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap Refill – Free UK Delivery – Shave Lounge

Palmolive shave stick 50p from your local Tesco, Wilko or Asda (50g)

Notice how I included weight. This is a relevant factor. I haven't tried Cella yet, but I can get a 1kg brick for less than £20 over here, which exceeds Jim's limit, but makes it even cheaper than the Palmolive stick on price per gram.

The best soap that I have ever tried in the "Under $15 (including shipping!)" price point?
Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Premium Artisan line of soaps.
She sells through her own site and via the giant auction site.

The best soap that I have ever tried in the "Under $15 (including shipping!)" price point?

Very good choice. I would add Stone Cottage. (Although I think he quit selling the 3oz tubs, which cost $9. The 6oz version is a bit above the price point at $18.)

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Notice how I included weight. This is a relevant factor. I haven't tried Cella yet, but I can get a 1kg brick for less than £20 over here, which exceeds Jim's limit, but makes it even cheaper than the Palmolive stick on price per gram.

No it doesn't make it cheaper than Palmolive! Maths fail. :blink: :a52: :out:Sorry. It's still cheaper than most other soaps if bought that way though.

I've never even seen Stone Cottage. Any particular recommendations?

I think Hesperide is king of the hill. The Musk is also very good. I’ve had a bunch of samples (which are cheap), and they’re all simple and forthright, though not mild. If you’re near western New Jersey, drop into his brick and mortar. (I did so in May while visiting in laws in Allentown.) He’s a really nice guy who studies this stuff (as you might expect). By the way, he has both soap and cream.

P.S. I mixed up the cream and soap. The soap is $12 for a 3.5oz tub.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Thanks.

proxy.php

Okay. Sold me (well, I read a bunch of reviews, too). Got the Coconut Oud.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom