What's new

Rubberset model numbers - Post your numbers here

Here is another Sterling Silver Rubberset. This one is a "Albright" Rubberset. It was made by Wm. B. Kerr & Co, Newark, NJ.

sterling_albright-1_1.jpg
sterling_albright-1_5.jpg

WoW, Jim! I've never seen one... Gonna re-knot it?

Hi Dan,

This one I'm going to keep as is. Not one I would actually see myself using so I'm going to leave it as I found it. When I eventually release it back into the wild I'll let the next caretaker decide whether or not it gets modernized.

Here is some additional information on the Sterling Silver knight brush from the previous page. It's a replica of a hand-made 14k gold display model that toured Rubberset dealers in 1947. The sterling silver version sold for $400 at that time.

ambassador-1_[1947] .jpg
ambassador-2_[1947].jpg
ambassador-5_[1947].jpg
ambassador-3_[1947].jpg
ambassador-4_[1947].jpg

Here is a Canadian Rubberset but one with a model number, 300-N. 53.975mm loft, 53.975mm handle length, 107.95mm total length. Maybe a 21-22mm loft. I cheated...the loft and total length were in the advert ;)

Based on research, it seems like it is from around 1946 or at least appears in the 1946 catogue.

Credit to oldschoolshavingbrushes.com for the historical info. A fantastic resource on Rubberset and others.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fantastic brush MVD1. It's interesting to note that the "-N" designation in the States would have meant a nylon knot. Clearly in this Canadian version it's badger. The same company but totally different ways of handling models.

Fantastic brush MVD1. It's interesting to note that the "-N" designation in the States would have meant a nylon knot. Clearly in this Canadian version it's badger. The same company but totally different ways of handling models.
Thanks! I plan to put in a tuxedo knot so the "N" will soon be more accurate. I have a few Canadian Rubberset brushes but only this one has the model number. Apparently model numbers were not common for the Canadian brushes.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thanks! I plan to put in a tuxedo knot so the "N" will soon be more accurate. I have a few Canadian Rubberset brushes but only this one has the model number. Apparently model numbers were not common for the Canadian brushes.

Agreed. More Canadian Rubberset had no model number as opposed to the US where most had one.

Model number: 200 N
Handle design: Decagon (10 sided), "Plastiset"
Type and grade of hair used: Nylon, White
Knot size: 20mm
Loft height: 45mm
Handle height: 45mm
Total height (Loft + Handle): 90mm
Color: Ivory, Black Endcap

HPIM0239.JPG HPIM0241.JPG Rubberset 200N (1).JPG

I found this brush a few days ago at a flea market. It's unusual because to me it looks new, it has no number, and the markings on the bottom are different than any other Rubberset that I've seen.

View attachment 700884

View attachment 700885

Hello Mlee,

You're right, these are unusual in that they have very limited markings and no model number. The style though is identical to a design they used for their models 69, 89 & 100. I've also seen same brush (without the model number) in NOS boxes that list the model number as 1460, 1466 and 1467. I'm not sure what the differences are, they look identical to me.

Hi, older post, but I may have found some info on these..they were for the US Military in WW2!
GENUINE RUBBERSET SHAVING BRUSH No.1467

Top Bottom