What's new

Looking for a summer fragrance

It gets pretty hot here in Arizona and I'm looking for something for summer. Something not too heavy that'll get funky in the warm weather.

Also, not something of the department store variety as I'm looking for something with some staying power and complexity. For the higher priced ones using a site like FragranceNet to find a better price is ideal as I'd rather not pay $400 for a cologne.

I plan on buying some samples of some of the recommendations and trying them out, so please do skip the ones that I'll have no way of trying before committing to a large bottle.

I'm not including a list of colognes that I currently use and like yet as I don't want to sway anyone toward recommending something similar. I'd rather leave it wide open right now.

Please share your recommendations.

I really like Creed Bois Du portugal for a flowery, summery scent. Also, not necessarily summer, but I've started using Guerlain Jicky (yes, it's a women's scent) my wife adores it on me and I think it's a very good all-purpose scent.

From my collection

ADP Colonia Essenza
Ferrari Bright Neroli
MFK Lumiere Pour Homme
Amouage Lyric Man
Creed Royal Mayfair & Aventus

Vintage:
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme(stick on label)
Armani Pour Homme(black base on bottle)

I also have the usual other Creed summer frags but their longevity on me is short enough that I wouldn't make any recommendations for them other than get a generous sample to try first.

Have you tried Mancera Cedrat Boise? That can be found for less than $100 on the discount sites from time to time. It is fairly complex and the longevity is all day on me.

I really like Creed Bois Du portugal for a flowery, summery scent. Also, not necessarily summer, but I've started using Guerlain Jicky (yes, it's a women's scent) my wife adores it on me and I think it's a very good all-purpose scent.

Tried to find a sample of the Creed Bois Du Portugal at Luckyscent but apparently a no go for now. I'll keep it in mind going forward. Thank you.

From my collection

ADP Colonia Essenza
Ferrari Bright Neroli
MFK Lumiere Pour Homme
Amouage Lyric Man
Creed Royal Mayfair & Aventus

Vintage:
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme(stick on label)
Armani Pour Homme(black base on bottle)

I also have the usual other Creed summer frags but their longevity on me is short enough that I wouldn't make any recommendations for them other than get a generous sample to try first.

Have tried the MFK Lumiere Pour Homme (really nice) and Amourage Lyric Man as well as Creed Royal Mayfair & Creed Aventus and I liked all of those.

I've tried one of the ADP Colonia fragrances and while I liked the scent it had very little staying power on my skin. So for me it's one that I'll likely skip.

The Ferrari one I've never tried nor have I tried the vintage ones you recommended.

Have you tried Mancera Cedrat Boise? That can be found for less than $100 on the discount sites from time to time. It is fairly complex and the longevity is all day on me.

I just watched a video review on this one due to your recommendation and it seems very appealing to me. I'll have to find a sample of this one as it sounds like something that I'd really enjoy. Definitely interested. Thank you!

Been a real sizzler down in Southern Arizona, and the rest of this week is only looking hotter. b
Been doing lime A/S's for a couple of days. Avon Island Lime, English Leather and Old Spice Limes, too. Seems just about right for the heat.

Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli. A little goes a long way.

It’ll complement Kyoto nicely.

I have this in the aftershave as well as the T&S soap from a while back. A really nice scent. Kyoto is on the way to me as well.

Loving the Bulgari Aqva line this summer. The original is wonderful and affordable. Very nice and lasting in hot weather.

Best Wishes

I used to live in Tempe. I wore a lot of Kouros, Azzaro, Tsar, Grey Vetiver and Rive Gauche pour Homme.

Most scents wouldn't last in the Arizona summer, so I would suggest these -

Kouros
Set Sail St. Bart's for Men
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (apparently this has suffered reformulation, can't vouch for that)
Cologne Indelebile
Havana
New West
Grey Vetiver
Ambre Sultan

Awful climate really for perfume lovers as hardly anything lasts, including Creeds.

I appreciate the additional recommendations. I'm going to do some reading up on several of them.

TF Grey Vetiver is a good recommendation too. But also not the most staying power. If you don’t mind the price, any of the creed recommendations above would be a good choice.

AdP colonia essenza has better stay than other adp colonia scents fwiw.

Good luck!

i spent a summer in phoenix and it got to be an oven!
for me, i'd stay with citrus notes, not worry too much about sillage or longevity.
having said that, Taylor's Victorian Limes is among the strongest of the bunch, IMO.

citrus shave.jpg

CUBA Gold is an excellent scent for summer, I find. The scent is hard to explain. If I had to I would say a very light pipe tobacco with slightly spicy citrus top note. It is light enough to be worn at work and not offend anyone on the hot days, but still heavy enough to wear in the evening as well. CUBA has several scents, and they are all nice. I prefer the Gold however. It seems to be the best all around.

Top Bottom