What's new

Maca Root Shave Cream

Scratchy for me but great backbone and good lather. Paint moves only.

I face lather and I'm quite hard on the brush when doing so, so i really appreciate the backbone anx bounceback the brush has. Its great for hard soaps as well. I find it softer than a (cheap) badger or bristle brush. It is no tuxedo though lol.

I face lather and I'm quite hard on the brush when doing so, so i really appreciate the backbone anx bounceback the brush has. Its great for hard soaps as well. I find it softer than a (cheap) badger or bristle brush. It is no tuxedo though lol.
Couldn't agree more. I bought it with a discount 8,50 euro 6 months ago.

Bagged a tub today based on positive reviews here, have yet to try.

I purchased in one of the Bodyshop outlets, here in Ireland at least they appear to have both the old iteration and the newer product on sale side by side. I suspect at least until old stock is cleared.

I just tried some too a week ago. Picked up a tub of the old stuff also based on all the positive reviews.

I still need to use it more, but it’s a nice cream.

I’m not too keen on the scent. There’s an underlying odor/scent on top of the soapy/clean fragrance that I don’t particularly enjoy. But scents are such a ymmv thing. The scent is not overpowering which I find nice/preferred for a soap or cream.

I just tried some too a week ago. Picked up a tub of the old stuff also based on all the positive reviews.

I still need to use it more, but it’s a nice cream.

I’m not too keen on the scent. There’s an underlying odor/scent on top of the soapy/clean fragrance that I don’t particularly enjoy. But scents are such a ymmv thing. The scent is not overpowering which I find nice/preferred for a soap or cream.

It's not love or hate scent. Definitely not overpowering but still does not stand equal to SJOL's or Castle Forbes fabulous scents.

BUT it outperforms more expensive creams and soaps. If you want I can name some.. But we will definitely argue about this one and I don't want it! BS is a company that it does not have an idea of wet shaving. That been said, they have made an excellent product.

Agreed the little brush in the kit is a bit prickly, but it does have good backbone and works well with hard soaps. Good for bowl lathering.

Is that really true? I wonder. People can have romantic memories of past wonders.

I'll try the new stuff if i can and it will be an interesting experiment.

I have a few tubes of the old formula and I can say is a good cream at a great price but it's not top tier. I think I'll buy a tub but I'm not going to horde it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the Lavender is on the mild side scent wise but as a supposedly unscented cream it’s surprisingly ‘scenty’. Certainly more so than T&H’s Ultimate Comfort cream.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've tried Maca, Xpec, & SJOL. In order of performance, for me it's:

XPEC
SJOL
MacaRoot

I enjoyed the scent of Maca the least as well. But there is no denying it is inexpensive. I gave my tub to SWMBO for 'leg duty'.

As always, YMMV!

Last edited:
Just an note, if you like the old maca root you might want to try Fendrihans UK cream. Both are made by Creightons and I can't tell the difference between the two in performance.

It's not love or hate scent. Definitely not overpowering but still does not stand equal to SJOL's or Castle Forbes fabulous scents.

BUT it outperforms more expensive creams and soaps. If you want I can name some.. But we will definitely argue about this one and I don't want it! BS is a company that it does not have an idea of wet shaving. That been said, they have made an excellent product.

Yeah I’m not denying it’s a good cream. Just don’t really care for the scent. Maybe it’ll grow on me. It’s subtle for scent though.

Top Bottom