What's new

Photo of the Day

Scandinavia's tallest building "Turning torso" which stands in Malmö, Sweden.
Photo taken from the Danish side of the water.

proxy.php

^nice flag shot on breezy day!

took a new 'travel' camera out for test drive this morning. sony rx10 mod iv, all-in-one mirrorless. evf, 28-600mm eq lens, f2.4-4. seems to work ok; somewhat lighter than the dslr. 1" sensor gave fairly good (low) noise response. focus point selection seems to be my biggest challenge for these newfangled cameras.

proxy.php
Impressive stuff! Had to google that camera, looks like a great "all in one" bit of kit. I see you mentioned a bit about it, but how are finding it overall so far?

Impressive stuff! Had to google that camera, looks like a great "all in one" bit of kit. I see you mentioned a bit about it, but how are finding it overall so far?

thx, warren, it's a nice camera, results are very good. i had an earlier version of this a few years ago for a summer trip and it was perfect. i didn't want to lug the nikon but wanted to have something with good low light performance and reach of an 18-300 lens. so that sony pretty much filled the bill. after the summer, i ebayed it and recovered most of original cost.

this current version further improves the focus system, expanding the number of focus points. again, i'll use it for the summer then probably sell it. biggest downside, is simply having to navigate through sony's arcane (to me) settings and menus.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Had some nice clouds going through the San Bois mountains in S.E. Oklahoma today. I had a better shot of a round top mountain instead of the ridge line one but I thought...nawww...I'll get another one down the road.

I'll stop at the round top next time I'm through there.

DSC_0009 (2).JPG

Not particularly recent, just a shot of my daughter at the Grand Canyon. Canon AE-1 on trusty ol’ Kodak Tri-X 400.

Attachments

• FC5B64D4-09A5-445F-8C12-1508C43D3EA6.jpeg
    FC5B64D4-09A5-445F-8C12-1508C43D3EA6.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 11
thx, warren, it's a nice camera, results are very good. i had an earlier version of this a few years ago for a summer trip and it was perfect. i didn't want to lug the nikon but wanted to have something with good low light performance and reach of an 18-300 lens. so that sony pretty much filled the bill. after the summer, i ebayed it and recovered most of original cost.

this current version further improves the focus system, expanding the number of focus points. again, i'll use it for the summer then probably sell it. biggest downside, is simply having to navigate through sony's arcane (to me) settings and menus.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. I like the idea of having a really good "grab and go" camera, I was thinking of getting the Nikon 28-300mm so I could use that on the D800 as a grab and go set up, still missing the longer end for wildlife though, interesting option with that Sony as it covers it all it seems, I might have a play with one if I can find one in store somewhere.

Nice shots gents :001_smile

The only solid connection between Denmark and Sweden; The Øresund Bridge.
Copenhagen airport is not far from it, so I managed to get this shot including a plane and a ship.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Nice shots gents :001_smile

The only solid connection between Denmark and Sweden; The Øresund Bridge.
Copenhagen airport is not far from it, so I managed to get this shot including a plane and a ship.

proxy.php
VERY well done.

Lots of great stuff up there!
Great to see you posting again Ninja!
Really love the colors on both Cashes shot and Ninja's first shot!

Top Bottom