What's new

F1-No more "Grid Girls"

Yes, let's fire all the women because they are too pretty/slim/petite/tall/cute. NOT for how they do their jobs. After all they have a difficult and important job: Stand here. Smile. Good job.

They need to also abolish weather girls.

It is total exploitation of women, very offensive.

proxy.php

The good news is, you can have grid girls back. The bad news is, they'll be Amy Schumer and Lena Dunham.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
What's funny to me (sad and a bit frightening actually) is the statement put out by F1 regarding the ban...

“While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms."

Has the innate response of male to female attraction (and vise versa) changed recently? Or the innate response to what one regards as 'beauty'? I cant think of many things that are more "normal". I guess I missed the memo on the updated "modern day societal norms".

Elitist rubbish IMO...

What's funny to me (sad and a bit frightening actually) is the statement put out by F1 regarding the ban...

“While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms."

Has the innate response of male to female attraction (and vise versa) changed recently? Or the innate response to what one regards as 'beauty'? I cant think of many things that are more "normal". I guess I missed the memo on the updated "modern day societal norms".

Elitist rubbish IMO...
I think that we all know its because of F1 wanting to distances themselves from things like sexism and sexual abuse that goes along with objectifying women. While I enjoy the grid girls, its not as if thats why I watch F1.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I think that we all know its because of F1 wanting to distances themselves from things like sexism and sexual abuse that goes along with objectifying women. While I enjoy the grid girls, its not as if thats why I watch F1.

Perhaps. But what if a woman chooses to be objectified and there is no resulting abuse? That scenario certainly exists.

Broad paint strokes...

shavefan

I’m not a fan
A bunch of people just lost their job because some folks can't live and let live.

Obviously you havent heard of the "F1 Grid Girl trafficking epidemic"...

The cynical side of me predicts that the same people that came to this decision will be sitting in their million dollar sky boxes, viewing the races. Being served their food and drink by similar looking women.

Of course, out of sight of the pesky prying eyes of the unenlightened masses...

These things seem to always end in an Animal Farm like way.

Last edited:
Obviously you havent heard of the "F1 Grid Girl trafficking epidemic"...

The cynical side of me predicts that the same people that came to this decision will be sitting in their million dollar sky boxes, viewing the races. Being served their food and drink by similar looking women.

Of course, out of sight of the pesky prying eyes of the unenlightened masses...

These things seem to always end in an Animal Farm like way.

But of course,

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
But apparently burning gobs of toxic fuel on the track and myriad times that amount shuttling enormous teams comprised of thousands of engineers and technicians all over the planet, accompanied by hundreds of tractor trailers, motorhomes the size of mansions, and private jets for the drivers and executives, isn't at odds with modern day societal norms.

Their new motto is engineered insanity. In light of the grid girls decision, pretty apt if you ask me.

I hope F1 will also be sure to censure and censor ALL offensive advertisements related to their sport as well. No scantily clad beer commercials, car commercials, etc.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
But apparently burning gobs of toxic fuel on the track and myriad times that amount shuttling enormous teams comprised of thousands of engineers and technicians all over the planet, accompanied by hundreds of tractor trailers, motorhomes the size of mansions, and private jets for the drivers and executives, isn't at odds with modern day societal norms.

Their new motto is engineered insanity. In light of the grid girls decision, pretty apt if you ask me.

Wait, you just described the behavior of many elite global warming alarmists. They take a limo to the private airfield to use their private G5's to jet off to one of their 10k sq.ft. mansions, or the next global warming summit (you know, so that their enormous energy usage is justified) while demanding we live in yurts.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I hope F1 will also be sure to censure and censor ALL offensive advertisements related to their sport as well. No scantily clad beer commercials, car commercials, etc.

Did you catch the clear abuse of the poor bear?

Perhaps. But what if a woman chooses to be objectified and there is no resulting abuse? That scenario certainly exists.

Broad paint strokes...
I believe the term, "institutional sexism" is fitting here. If someone can't enjoy F1 without the grid girls, maybe they don't really like F1.

Top Bottom