What's new

Tobacquisitions - June 2018

Debated whether I should put this in the March thread, but...at last:

20180604_185923.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

The aftermath of jarring up 500g of FVF and 250g of St James Flake. I’m finally realizing that I might be nearing the end of my Cellar Stocking Catch-up phase.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I cut them all in half and stuffed 75g in half-pint jars. Just about fills it perfectly.

Edit:half pint jars
I can get a pound of MacBaren flakes into 3 half pint Mason jars. I also cut those flakes in half, as they are rather large.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
It landed and I couldn't resist. Savinelli 673 and some Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture. I also received some Peterson's Perfect Plug. Will I get up at 5AM to try it or will I hold out? Yikes.

Savinelli 673.jpg

So what size jars did you decide on for the flakes??

View attachment 888681
Yeap, I cut the flakes in half. The last 250gr of FVF I jarred I got it into two and left enough out for two bowls. If I have them, I do 1 8oz and 2 4 oz but I need to smoke through some open jars to get more of the 4 oz.
It landed and I couldn't resist. Savinelli 673 and some Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture. I also received some Peterson's Perfect Plug. Will I get up at 5AM to try it or will I hold out? Yikes.

View attachment 888700
Great looking pipe! I would have a hard time resisting if the weather was nice.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

View attachment 888700

How do you like the Elizabethan Mike? If you like it there is a whole world of a VaPers out there to explore and cellar:).

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
How do you like the Elizabethan Mike? If you like it there is a whole world of a VaPers out there to explore and cellar:).

It was quite nice. A neighbour struck up a long conversation so I had to relight a couple of times. At this point I'm just trying some things. Trying to stick to things that are positively reviewed. I really like this pipe though. I understand you need to give a pipe some rest between smoking so I guess I have to buy a few more :yesnod:.

I've been imagineering where I can put a collection of mason jars.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It was quite nice. A neighbour struck up a long conversation so I had to relight a couple of times. At this point I'm just trying some things. Trying to stick to things that are positively reviewed. I really like this pipe though. I understand you need to give a pipe some rest between smoking so I guess I have to buy a few more :yesnod:.

I've been imagineering where I can put a collection of mason jars.
Yes, it is good to give a briar pipe a day of rest. Solution- a seven day set. A supplemental solution- Meerschaum. Meers can be smoked full time without issues. I wish I had saved that picture of Baki's everyday Meer.

On edit: a quick google search yielded results.

baki.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
With the new Savinlli I have six . . . one somewhere I can't quite find yet, four Missouri Meerscham corn cobs.

Had to have an uninterrupted go with the Savinilli with the Elizabethan Mixture again. Actually liking this tobacco a lot. It, to me, has that cherry that I was seeking when I bought the Borkham Riff Cherry. Didn't have to relight but admittedly smoked it a bit too quickly . . . but mellowing out now listening to some Jazz.

Thinking about the Three Nuns. My dad used to smoke this. Apparently what it is today is not the same as when he smoked it but . . . well a bit of nostalgia.

One day soon I'm going to have to buy an ashtray.

Top Bottom