What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

Just uncrated a coffee roaster this weekend. It is a mill city roaster and I need to spend some quality time with it to dial it in. With a bit of luck I will be doing some seasoning roasts and testing this week.

Ruckin.

proxy.php

Ok, here is a picture of the new toy before it has had a chance to make any smoke...
new_roaster.jpg

So far I have downloaded v 1.1 of Artisan on my laptop and connected the phidget to be able to get bean/exhaust temps. This week I will upgrade to v1.2 and the new phidget drivers. Need to get a feel for the gas flow and fan speeds during my "seasoning" roasts. This is quite different from the Ambex I have been using (it could only adjust gas flow).

I have only had the roaster a couple days and there are a couple things I want to change. I don't like the safety cover over the cooling tray as it makes it harder to look into the little viewing port. I want to mount the 120-240v transformer inside the machine. I would also like to figure out a way to nicely route the thermocouple wires. Longer term I would like to figure out a way to measure gas flow and fan speeds and have it recorded in Artisan.

But first I need to finish doing the seasoning roasts.

Ruckin.

Very cool, ruckin! Looks great! I also just received a new roaster. I had an Aillio R1 arrive on my doorstep a few days ago. It's the middle of my work week, so I've only been able to do two seasoning roasts so far. It'll be quite a step up from the Behmor. Quite a learning step also! Here we go. Hang on!

I've been looking for a brewing pitcher and came across this at Target today. It's even half the cost of the harbor ones I was looking at.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Finally got a gooseneck kettle for my pour over coffee brewer.

Attachments

• 6E51275B-A594-476D-948C-25A16026AD31.jpeg
    6E51275B-A594-476D-948C-25A16026AD31.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 13
I just ordered a new Bodum Latteo milk frother. I noticed a crack in the beaker today and I need my frothed milk with my coffee.

A rancilio MD40 followed me home yesterday. I drove all over heck and gone to pick up a large goose neck trailer for my brother and as a way of saying thanks he picked up a very used craigslist MD40 and gave it to me as a thanks. The bean hopper has some issues but I think I can come up with workarounds. My son and I will play with it when he gets home from college for the summer. Who knows it might wander off to his dorm room to sit next to his crossland.

Just ordered one of these, I was able to get a really good price online. It comes with a 1.5 year warranty, but hoping it will stand the test of time. I like that you can grind straight into a filter.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Picked up this Salton Vesuviana EX-3 today.

Makes a very decent cup of stove top espresso (Moka pot)

proxy.php

Very nice, I really like this device. Was it very expensive?

It was $8 at a thrift shop.

I almost didn't buy it as I have so many coffee gadgets. SWMBO insisted and I'm sure glad she did. it makes great coffee and is so much easier to use than a moka pot.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

I almost didn't buy it as I have so many coffee gadgets. SWMBO insisted and I'm sure glad she did. it makes great coffee and is so much easier to use than a moka pot.

$8.00, WOW!

Great deal! Does it make coffee like the Moka Pot’s Coffee? And I have to ask, what is so difficult about using a Moka Pot?

Top Bottom