What's new

Bvlgari Aqva and its flankers.

I am impressed with a couple of these. The original and Amara. Does anyone else like the Aqva group of EDT’s? What are your thoughts?

I really enjoy Aqva.
I don't use it often because I'm trying to finish my Acqua di Gio, but whenever I spritz some Aqva I always ask myself :"Why don't I use it more often. "
For the price, and to my nose, it's a really good bargain.
I haven't tried Amara, but I will soon.

I really enjoy Aqva.
I don't use it often because I'm trying to finish my Acqua di Gio, but whenever I spritz some Aqva I always ask myself :"Why don't I use it more often. "
For the price, and to my nose, it's a really good bargain.
I haven't tried Amara, but I will soon.
It’s quite different. Amara lasts a little longer to me. Definitely a strong neroli. It’s still salty though.

I have a disk-style "bottle" of the original Aqva: I like the scent, it performs great for the price, and the woody-green dry-down is interesting.

But after growing up in the 90's, I feel like aquatic freshies like it are played-out (for me, anyway). Had it been released seven or eight years earlier, I think it could've received some well-deserved praise and given Armani some serious competition.

I have a disk-style "bottle" of the original Aqva: I like the scent, it performs great for the price, and the woody-green dry-down is interesting.

But after growing up in the 90's, I feel like aquatic freshies like it are played-out (for me, anyway). Had it been released seven or eight years earlier, I think it could've received some well-deserved praise and given Armani some serious competition.
I grew up in the 80’s and love the powerhouses. When ADG came out I couldn’t understand why anyone liked it. I have never really been a fan of the fresh edt’s and rarely buy any of them.

I was quite surprised that I liked the Aqva versions! Also, I can understand how people who grew up using the genre might be tired of it.

I sniffed Aqua, Aqua Marine and Aqua Atlantique and of these three I liked Aqua Marine the best, but I passed on all three. I bought a big bottle or disk of Aqua Amara. I really liked the mandarin note in this one and for a citrus frag I get pretty good longevity. I think Amara has been discontinued but you can still find it at a fair price, for now.

I sniffed Aqua, Aqua Marine and Aqua Atlantique and of these three I liked Aqua Marine the best, but I passed on all three. I bought a big bottle or disk of Aqua Amara. I really liked the mandarin note in this one and for a citrus frag I get pretty good longevity. I think Amara has been discontinued but you can still find it at a fair price, for now.
Discontinued?? I like it. I will have to grab a big bottle. Thanks!

I was quite surprised that I liked the Aqva versions! Also, I can understand how people who grew up using the genre might be tired of it.

It's a unique fragrance, but perhaps it arrived a little too late.

Amara is supposed to be more modern with the bitter orange note and damn good performance.

I have aqva amara and atlatique. I go with around 6 sprays on each. Amara is a real powerhouse. Atlantique pumps for aroun 3-4 hours, but then is dry down scent that i cant really smell, but others for sure can smell on me. I use nivea senstive post shave balk as a base layer and i shave with RR don marco for Amara days and tobs avacado on atlantique days. Both are performers in the high summer heat of the gulf coast.

I have aqva amara and atlatique. I go with around 6 sprays on each. Amara is a real powerhouse. Atlantique pumps for aroun 3-4 hours, but then is dry down scent that i cant really smell, but others for sure can smell on me. I use nivea senstive post shave balk as a base layer and i shave with RR don marco for Amara days and tobs avacado on atlantique days. Both are performers in the high summer heat of the gulf coast.
3 to 4. One on each arm. 1-2 on the chest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks Gentlemen.

I just got a sample of Atlantique and Marine. I tried the Atlantique last night. It is quite different. I like this one as well. Ill wear it today and try the Marine tomorrow.

Hi Bhugo.

I love Aqva Amara. I blind bought it from Amazon in late 2016 because they were selling the 100ml for £31! It was money well spent.

I was intrigued by the fact it's said to contain a Sicilian mandarin note because I love the smell of Italian mandarins and oranges. I can pick that note up but definitely also detect the neroli and some 'salty' air quality. I live within walking distance of a beach and there's something reminiscent of the smell I pick up when walking on it.

It was a go-to during the summer months last year for me.

I read on Fragrantica that a new version of Atlantique was launched last year. I know I tried it during 2016 and liked it. I may be revisiting it shortly.

Hi Bhugo.

I love Aqva Amara. I blind bought it from Amazon in late 2016 because they were selling the 100ml for £31! It was money well spent.

I was intrigued by the fact it's said to contain a Sicilian mandarin note because I love the smell of Italian mandarins and oranges. I can pick that note up but definitely also detect the neroli and some 'salty' air quality. I live within walking distance of a beach and there's something reminiscent of the smell I pick up when walking on it.

It was a go-to during the summer months last year for me.

I read on Fragrantica that a new version of Atlantique was launched last year. I know I tried it during 2016 and liked it. I may be revisiting it shortly.
Thanks

I am not impressed with the Marine. It doesn’t last as long.

Atlantique is great! Long lasting and nice woody drydown with lots of salty scents.

Aqua - nice, interesting.
Aqua Marine - salty, sunnier, brighter, refreshing.
Aqua Amara - a bit generic.
Aqua Atlantic - synthetic mess, overloaded with aromachemicals and awful

Haven't tried the others.

Aqua - nice, interesting.
Aqua Marine - salty, sunnier, brighter, refreshing.
Aqua Amara - a bit generic.
Aqua Atlantic - synthetic mess, overloaded with aromachemicals and awful

Haven't tried the others.
I like the marine as well, but it’s lack of longevity has me sticking with the 10ml sample.

Is it the ambergris in Atlantique that you dislike? I think it might be my favorite. I love the way it smells a couple hours after application.

Top Bottom