What's new

Your smoothest and most efficient DE razor

Does Gillette make Nacet blades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Thank you!! Anybody know how they compare to Feathers, PolSilvers or Voskhod? Those are my 3 DE go to blades and I only use Feathers in my Karve.

Very efficient blades, you have to be careful. Very close to Feather, but not so harsh, better than Polsilver to my skin (YMMV). More sharp than Voskhod, which are good blades also.

Very efficient blades, you have to be careful. Very close to Feather, but not so harsh, better than Polsilver to my skin (YMMV). More sharp than Voskhod, which are good blades also.

Awesome!! Thanks, I’m about to order 100 from Amazon.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Anybody know how they compare to Feathers, PolSilvers or Voskhod? Those are my 3 DE go to blades and I only use Feathers in my Karve.

Nacets are nice blades. They have a 'bare' blade feel to me but are deceptively sharp and pretty smooth. I havent used one for any length of time but I think of them as similar to Astra SP and Kai. All of those blades to me have the same bare blade feel but the Nacet is the sharpest of the three.

Compared to Feather, not as sharp but a lot smoother and more comfortable. They fall well short of Polsilver for me, but Polsilver are my favorite blade. Very sharp and after the 4th shave a Polsilver just vanishes and I feel nothing, the same as a Fresh Gillette Yellow, which is a very sharp and incredibly smooth blade, but they dont last as long as Polsilver for me. The longest I used a Yellow was 9 shaves.

After I think the 14th shave the Polsilver smoothed out again and even at shave #20 it was at least as sharp as a fresh Gillette Yellow and at least as smooth, if not sharper and smoother. All shaves done in that comparison were directly ATG buffing first pass at ~48 hours growth with my Fatip Grande.

Voskhod for me was really nice the first 2 shaves. Shaves 3 and 4 they became quite harsh, which I've read is common for many with that blade. The 5th shave it was nice and smooth again. I think I tossed my last one at shave 6 or 8 I cant remember. Its not in the same league as Nacet, Polsilver or Gillette Yellow.

You'll enjoy the Nacets. Very nice blades.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Awesome!! Thanks, I’m about to order 100 from Amazon.

Italian barber has them on sale for $11.99 if interested per 100, thats were I bought 100 last year.
Very good sharp and smooth blade that others have already mentioned.

My all time favorite for smooth, efficient shave. (Toggle in the center, strange but the Nickle one is not as smooth and the Bottom Dial isn't either.):
100_7317.JPG

For me it's a tie between:

Rockwell 6s/c and the Parker Variant.
r!

Yeah I would give a runner up to the Parker Variant for smoothest too.

It’s frankly on par or just a smidge behind my ATT S1 but I personally find the Variant more efficient on a setting of 3-4 so use the Variant more.

My daily razor is the ATT R1. It’s well balanced but meets my desire in efficiency. Not quite as smooth as the other two mentioned though.

Italian barber has them on sale for $11.99 if interested per 100, thats were I bought 100 last year.
Very good sharp and smooth blade that others have already mentioned.
I think IB has the best price on Nacets right now. I picked up 100 from them as well.

For smooth and efficient razors, I would say Ikon X3 slant and Ikon B1 OC.

They're all pretty smooth.

Efficient: The King has to be the '56 Gillette Red Tip, with the '62 Slim just behind. I've only just started using the postwar fat-handle Tech, so I can't say about it yet. The '53 Super Speed brings up the rear.

Good to hear this said. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the ‘56 red tip myself. Maybe it’s the handle and weight. I’m using it all week on vacation.

The smoothest and most efficient DE safety razor probably is the most valuable question that can be asked on a DE shaving forum. After all, a very smooth and a highly efficient shave is the holy grail of shaving, isn't it? Everything else is secondary.

A four way tie: Parker Variant, Merkur Futur, Gillette Super Adjustable SH, and 1947 Gillette Aristocrat.

Honorable mention: Merkur Vision 2000

Top Bottom