What's new

Cigar lighters

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well I have matches and I have a couple of B&B zippos from a group buy a few years back. The pipe inert works brilliantly with the old B&B logoed zippo with my corn cob pipes.

The last couple of weeks I've been lighting the cigars I've enjoyed with a disposable torch that the guy at the local smoke shop kinda seemed a bit sheepish selling me. . . No Pipe Tobacco nor Cigars in that shop. . .

What refillable cigar lighters can you recommend to me? I'm looking for something that is portable and gets banged around in a pocket with no flashy paint job and will last and not look like I'm using it for crack cocaine.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Any Xikar will serve you well, especially as they have a lifetime warranty. If you take care of the thing and it stops working they will fix/replace it for the cost of postage.

I own a Statosphere, looking to pick up a Turrim one day. They have a million different ones so have fun comparing :).

I use the Vertigo Cyclone Triple Flame. It is around $10, works well, is fairly rugged, and the tank is clear so it is easy to see when you need to fill. I understand that the company stands behind them but I’ve had no need to send one in. Sometimes they are on sale for around $8.00.

A Ronson refillable butane for about $6 (Walmart):
proxy.php

Or a classic Zippo for about $13 (Amazon):
proxy.php

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Any lighter from JetLine will do the job. I've found them to last and last. Great quality. Inexpensive on Amazon as well.

proxy.php

These lighters work well and are re-filable. I have several laying around. They only cost 5 or 6 bucks. Usually see them at the checkout counter at convenience stores. The narrow flame is great for touching up a running burn.

0516181033.jpg

There are a couple of decent inexpensive options. Vertigo has some nice options and a lifetime warranty. They sell a lot of those at the local shop with the Xicars. Xicars stand by their warranty for sure.

There are also butane single and two jet burner inserts for Zippos that work really well. I've had mine a year with no problems of any kind. They are also used around the shop.

The Vertigos and inserts are less than $25 US shop price...

You can always try to take advantage of a bundle sale. Not sure what sites ship to CA, but some shops will add a lighter for a $1. :)

If you. Buy cigars from places like cigars intnl, often they have torches free with order or for cheap, i have 3-4 so always have one one hand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Interesting. This might be the way I end up going.

Right now my goal is finding something kinda inline with what B&B does. Maybe something that has been found reliable/durable that has been built the same solid way for the last 50-75-100 years. I enjoy straight razors, vintage pens, etc. Just looking for a bit of variety of advice / input.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Interesting. This might be the way I end up going.

Right now my goal is finding something kinda inline with what B&B does. Maybe something that has been found reliable/durable that has been built the same solid way for the last 50-75-100 years. I enjoy straight razors, vintage pens, etc. Just looking for a bit of variety of advice / input.

Then maybe a zippo is for you. I have zippos from WWII that are still 100% functional.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well maybe another option CurtisB81 . . . I'm not even finding a timeless classic torch . . . finding a timeless classic plasma . . . I think that's what you meant, is probably a daunting task.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve had this one since 2004. Refillable butane. I think it was made by Tiger. But the name has worn off. It wasn’t very expensive. IIRC....roughly 20 bucks.

A8D9952D-1C7C-4E71-BD58-ECACB36E0264.jpeg 48FF5BB6-5506-4F40-85E6-DFA7DDBB33E3.jpeg 1216388A-F857-4722-97B6-5F365687441D.jpeg AA8F9F90-693A-47BB-88C4-16E2DF5BBBEE.jpeg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
That's pretty close to what I'm hoping for. Something like that with a brushed nickel or brass finish . . . ok I could spend like . . . er 50 bucks?

Top Bottom