What's new

Do You Drink Your Coffee Black?

Well I drink my coffee black sometimes I will add 1 splenda packet to my mug but that is it.

In evening after dinner I do like the occasional cappuccino that my wife makes. But I can't drink those atrocities that people call coffee from Starbucks and the like. Way to sweet.

Step mum went through this powdered milk phase when I was a teen...it tasted like crap and I started drinking coffee and tea black out of protest. As a college student it was easier to have it black than risk poring soured milk into a cup,guess I just never saw a reason to change later in life...I'm so messed up;)

When I got off of my sugar addiction I drank coffee and tea without milk or sugar.

I've gone back to milk but NO sugar

For me it depends on the water used. Tap around here is nasty and if you are downtown its worse. If it's tap I use cream and sugar. Mostly to hide the sin in the water.

If it's spring or distilled the coffee is black.

Last edited:
Is coffee still black if it has sugar?

I'm not being cheeky...I really don't know.
In general most everyone I know uses the term black coffee as another way to say plain or unadulterated. Especially if they were ordering coffee being made by someone else. Where the terms black, with cream, with sugar, with cream and sugar, would each be a separate way to prepare coffee.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe I am the psychopath here, I just about always have mine with milk and a level teaspoon of sugar.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Is coffee still black if it has sugar?

I'm not being cheeky...I really don't know.

Yes, but the "black" typically is qualified with "and sweet" or "with _ sugar(s)."

Strictly speaking, "black" means "without milk or cream or some other white stuff." However, asking for coffee "black" without saying else means "don't put nothin' in my coffee, man."

Sorry but anybody who puts caramel are any such thing in their "coffee" is the psychopath. Black.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Top Bottom