What's new

What's The Origin of the Face Shaving Map?

I wrote an article, Beginners Guide to Wet Shaving, and used a shaving map graphic shared on Reddit. Turns out many websites and articles use same or modified version of it. I want to credit the rightful owner. Do any of you know?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Omar

After doing a bit of digging, there appears to be several shaving maps that are very similar. I couldn't find who did the exact one in your article (although several site do have it posted - uncredited).

However, Men-U shaving academy facial map (Men-U Academy) has one that is very similar (but cruder), RealMenRealStyle's facial map (RMRS.com) and the New York Barber License facial map (NY Div of Lic Services) that was licensed from Milady: Milady's Standard Professional Barbering.

Last edited:
I've seen some of those, but they all differ in the drawing. I was hoping to match the exact copy I used. Though, your finding on NY Div of Lic Services is interesting. I'm going to look into it further. Thank you for your help!

After doing a bit of digging, there appears to be several shaving maps that are very similar. I couldn't find who did the exact one in your article (although several site do have it posted - uncredited).

However, Men-U shaving academy facial map (Men-U Academy) has one that is very similar (but cruder), RealMenRealStyle's facial map (RMRS.com) and the New York Barber License facial map (NY Div of Lic Services) that was licensed from Milady: Milady's Standard Professional Barbering.

Top Bottom