What's new

My Grande Journey

Thats what I'm not sure of yet either. I havent tried loading blades to check yet.
Look at the image above and you'll see a lot more room for blade movement in the SS due to the small center post.and blade float.

I'm guessing the center post design has something to do with the honing function.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
*Disclaimer*

I accept no responsibility for anyone other than myself in trying this. If you try it, you're on your own the same as I am.
:)
______

Well, theres no other way to do it, than to do it..

Two Feather blades loaded.

All pics are cropped, but left at their original 10mp resolution.

IMG_2505.JPG IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2507.JPG IMG_2508.JPG IMG_2509.JPG IMG_2510.JPG

They're both quite secure. The camera can see better than I can and they loaded without a problem really. I didnt even have to fiddle with blade alignment. Aligning the blades to each other was more a challenge and even not that much of one.

I held them as I would any blade between thumb pad and the pad on my index finger, pinched them together lengthwise, then gently used needle nose pliers to align them equally edge to edge by carefully squeezing the edges of the blade tabs. Perfectly aligned in less than 5 seconds.

Both blades were previously used so either because of the left over soap residue and/or the wax on the blades, they stuck together, but were easily aligned with little chance of that changing loading them with care.

Aligning blades in Fatip razors is not the chore many seem to think it is. I just did it with two blades without any issues...

Feather blades are on the thick side for DE blades being 0.00410”/0.104mm thick. Only 4 other blades are thicker of the 36 we measured.

The edges are so close together I'm honestly not sure how much of a difference it will make. When I do try this it will be with Polsilver blades, that are even thinner being 0.00400”/0.102mm thick.

I suspect this will work at least as well as a single blade and perhaps, quite a lot better as @jmudrick suggested.

*Disclaimer*

I accept no responsibility for anyone other than myself in trying this. If you try it, you're on your own the same as I am.
______

View attachment 871001 View attachment 871002 View attachment 871003 View attachment 871004 View attachment 871005 View attachment 871006

They're both quite secure. The camera can see better than I can and they loaded without a problem really. I didnt even have to fiddle with blade alignment. Aligning the blades to each other was more a challenge and even not that much of one.

I held them as I would any blade between thumb pad and the pad on my index finger, pinched them together lengthwise, then gently used needle nose pliers to align them equally edge to edge by carefully squeezing the edges of the blade tabs. Perfectly aligned in less than 5 seconds.

Both blades were previously used so either because of the left over soap residue and/or the wax on the blades, they stuck together, but were easily aligned with little chance of that changing loading them with care.

Aligning blades in Fatip razors is not the chore many seem to think it is. I just did it with two blades without any issues...

Feather blades are on the thick side for DE blades being 0.00410”/0.104mm thick. Only 4 other blades are thicker of the 36 we measured.

The edges are so close together I'm honestly not sure how much of a difference it will make. When I do try this it will be with Polsilver blades, that are even thinner being 0.00400”/0.102mm thick.

I suspect this will work at least as well as a single blade and perhaps, quite a lot better as @jmudrick suggested.
Hey don't bring me into this I only vouch for the Shake Sharp :) . Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

*Disclaimer*

______

View attachment 871001 View attachment 871002 View attachment 871003 View attachment 871004 View attachment 871005 View attachment 871006

The last picture is what makes me wonder whether things are going to turn out ok for you when shaving with it. There is a noticeable gap between the blades on that side view. It isn't much, but there is definitely black between those blades. The edges look to be completely in line with each other, so I'm very confused. I wish you luck sir, and all of the healing agents you have in your cabinet should things turn out poorly.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I've lost count of the hours since last shave but I think its 47 hours lol.

Fresh Feather, and the last of a 10 blade tuck. I only have two shaves left for the month so this blade will suffice.

Only two more shaves with Tabac!

View attachment 871032

First pass WTG/XTG, second pass XTG/ATG, one clean up ATG on my neck and done really, but perfect BBS for me tonight, so I did one more j hooking pass over my swirls. That caused a few very light weepers and slight redness but nothing much worth mentioning and all cleared up in minutes.

The result is a very, very nice BBS finish. As nice a shave as I've yet had with this combination.

On a side note to the Feather blades. If I buy a tuck locally, which is a 35 minute drive, I think they were $4.90CAD per 5. That makes them considerably more expensive than a cartridge.

I paid $32CAD per 100 so at $3.20 per 10 thats only $0.05c's less expensive than a Mach 3 cartridge at Walmart here.

Thats an expensive blade for the shave numbers I get from them.

______

The last picture is what makes me wonder whether things are going to turn out ok for you when shaving with it. There is a noticeable gap between the blades on that side view. It isn't much, but there is definitely black between those blades. The edges look to be completely in line with each other, so I'm very confused. I wish you luck sir, and all of the healing agents you have in your cabinet should things turn out poorly.

The gap between the very edges of the blades should be exactly one blade thickness or .00410". That may be considerable but I dont know. Each blade lends support to the other so I'm thinking it will become even more rigid. I'm not sure how smooth it will be, but I expect it to be more efficient.

If the base plate had more curve to it, the offset between the edges would be more noticeable, maybe, but using two blades of the exact same width severely limits that.

The only 'healing agent' I have is 70% Iso :yikes: and CC Balms I suppose, but I dont expect I'll need either. I never use any post shave, just a wipe with a damp towel.

I intend to start WTG and go from there. Directly ATG may be out of the question I really have no idea, but I expect no issues WTG. If I do have an issue, the shave wont continue. I think I'll know before the razor has moved as far as my jawline on its first stroke.

Two more shaves this month and then on to my MMOC, Proraso Red and the Maggard synthetic @ZigZiglar was kind enough to have sent to me.

I'm really looking forward to that shave, I just hope the GEM PTFE blades are up to it.

I've lost count of the hours since last shave but I think its 47 hours lol.

Fresh Feather, and the last of a 10 blade tuck. I only have two shaves left for the month so this blade will suffice.

Only two more shaves with Tabac!

View attachment 871032

First pass WTG/XTG, second pass XTG/ATG, one clean up ATG on my neck and done really, but perfect BBS for me tonight, so I did one more j hooking pass over my swirls. That caused a few very light weepers and slight redness but nothing much worth mentioning and all cleared up in minutes.

The result is a very, very nice BBS finish. As nice a shave as I've yet had with this combination.

On a side note to the Feather blades. If I buy a tuck locally, which is a 35 minute drive, I think they were $4.90CAD per 5. That makes them considerably more expensive than a cartridge.

I paid $32CAD per 100 so at $3.20 per 10 thats only $0.05c's less expensive than a Mach 3 cartridge at Walmart here.

Thats an expensive blade for the shave numbers I get from them.

______

The gap between the very edges of the blades should be exactly one blade thickness or .00410". That may be considerable but I dont know. Each blade lends support to the other so I'm thinking it will become even more rigid. I'm not sure how smooth it will be, but I expect it to be more efficient.

If the base plate had more curve to it, the offset between the edges would be more noticeable, maybe, but using two blades of the exact same width severely limits that.

The only 'healing agent' I have is 70% Iso :yikes: and CC Balms I suppose, but I dont expect I'll need either. I never use any post shave, just a wipe with a damp towel.

I intend to start WTG and go from there. Directly ATG may be out of the question I really have no idea, but I expect no issues WTG. If I do have an issue, the shave wont continue. I think I'll know before the razor has moved as far as my jawline on its first stroke.

Two more shaves this month and then on to my MMOC, Proraso Red and the Maggard synthetic @ZigZiglar was kind enough to have sent to me.

I'm really looking forward to that shave, I just hope the GEM PTFE blades are up to it.
I have been looking at MMOCs lately. I own a couple 1912s, a push button and a featherweight. The GEM PTFEs are definitely up for the job! These blades are awesome. I have like ten shaves on one and it feels as sharp as the day I unwrapped it.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have been looking at MMOCs lately. I own a couple 1912s, a push button and a featherweight. The GEM PTFEs are definitely up for the job! These blades are awesome. I have like ten shaves on one and it feels as sharp as the day I unwrapped it.

The carbon blade I tried was about dead even with the Graham Field, so it cant get much worse lol.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
48 hours since last shave.

Tabac, bowl lathered.

Three full passes, as usual with this razor, and two clean ups.

A good shave, no complaints really. Nice BBS as usual. If anything this blade is showing some harshness one shave sooner, but certainly manageable. Now so sure about the next shave though, but its the last shave of the month for me so I dont care! lol

View attachment 871494

I'll be glad when the next shave is finished...

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
57 hours since last shave.

MMOC/GEM PTFE.

Proraso Red.

Maggard Synthetic.

IMG_2511.JPG

I was sent this razor quite a while ago by @ccpastork and finally got some blades about a month ago. Then the FFFMM came up and it got pushed to the back burner again. Today, was the day.

I remember @rabidus saying the MMOC was a monster. He aint lyin' lol.

The brush was given to me by @ZigZiglar and I have to say, I like it...

The brush loads quickly and easily. It whipped up a really nice lather in no time. Much faster than my Silvertip. Its also softer and has more backbone which I find really surprising. Just going by this first use, it might be my favorite brush and thats saying a lot.

I have to agree with everyone thats said the PTFE blades are a big step up from carbon blades. They certainly are.

Lather up and start WTG/XTG and instantly I felt blade, a lot of blade, but because it was so easy to feel, that first pass was quite a bit steeper than I had imagined I'd use it. If I had to guess, I'd say the cap was 45 degrees off my skin. That worked pretty good for a light, quick, tentative first pass, but I had a lot of stubble left. I wasnt really surprised by that as easy as I went being a first pass with a new razor to me.

It was a bit tuggy and awkward right under my nose and tuggy again over my swirls but it felt pretty good. I did get the mole on the right side of my neck which is really just a tiny dark spot that I cant even really feel. I also got it first shave with the NEW SC and again first shave with my Grande, but I was still surprised how easily I got it this time.

Lather again and start ATG with the cap against my skin as its meant to be. Much smoother but again awkward for me as I'm not use to using this razor. Nice smooth comfortable pass, a little tugging over my swirls but not bad and I had a very close BBS finish almost everywhere, but thought I'd go over my swirls one more time in a different direction.

Paint my neck and go again, cap against my skin, just stroking lightly and again a bit tuggy. Slight weeper left side swirl, but BBS all over when I was done that clean up.

I need to learn to use this razor differently from others and maybe shave in a different direction. It behaves quite a bit differently from my others and I had some irritation on my neck from that last pass. My skin was fairly warm for about 30 minutes after so I need to work with this one a bit.

It is however, a powerhouse of a razor. The blade feel is ridiculous, but it never felt like it was dangerous or going to bite. Feeling that much blade you instinctively take more care than you usually might but it shaves with a lot more authority than any other razor I've used. It is impressive.

The angle it likes to be used at is awkward for me, as well as the cap shape and size and I was wondering as I was using it if the ATT SE1 would be easier and more familiar because of the shape of the cap.

The PTFE blade is just sharp enough, but it did struggle a bit over my swirls. I'm curious if the AC blades are sharper. If they're even a little bit sharper, and the shape of the cap on the SE1 helps me as much as I think it might, it may just knock my Grande from #1.

I'm not sure yet if the MMOC will beat my Grande, but if I get as good with it as I am my Grande, it might. I'm not sure the PTFE blades are up to starting directly ATG, but I'll find out next shave.

Very nice review! The MMOC has a well deserved reputation in my opinion, however, it sounds like you are on your way to taming it.

Nice looking set up too.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Interesting comments, Mike. I think it'll feel less "awkward" after a few shaves if you stick with it a while. The sweet spot in the angle usually takes me three to five shaves to properly tune in to with a new razor, and maybe the swirls will prove less challenging at that point. You certainly won't be able to blame anything on blade flex with this :D

57 hours since last shave.

MMOC/GEM PTFE.

Proraso Red.

Maggard Synthetic.

View attachment 871975

I was sent this razor quite a while ago by @ccpastork and finally got some blades about a month ago. Then the FFFMM came up and it got pushed to the back burner again. Today, was the day.

I remember @rabidus saying the MMOC was a monster. He aint lyin' lol.

The brush was given to me by @ZigZiglar and I have to say, I like it...

The brush loads quickly and easily. It whipped up a really nice lather in no time. Much faster than my Silvertip. Its also softer and has more backbone which I find really surprising. Just going by this first use, it might be my favorite brush and thats saying a lot.

I have to agree with everyone thats said the PTFE blades are a big step up from carbon blades. They certainly are.

Lather up and start WTG/XTG and instantly I felt blade, a lot of blade, but because it was so easy to feel, that first pass was quite a bit steeper than I had imagined I'd use it. If I had to guess, I'd say the cap was 45 degrees off my skin. That worked pretty good for a light, quick, tentative first pass, but I had a lot of stubble left. I wasnt really surprised by that as easy as I went being a first pass with a new razor to me.

It was a bit tuggy and awkward right under my nose and tuggy again over my swirls but it felt pretty good. I did get the mole on the right side of my neck which is really just a tiny dark spot that I cant even really feel. I also got it first shave with the NEW SC and again first shave with my Grande, but I was still surprised how easily I got it this time.

Lather again and start ATG with the cap against my skin as its meant to be. Much smoother but again awkward for me as I'm not use to using this razor. Nice smooth comfortable pass, a little tugging over my swirls but not bad and I had a very close BBS finish almost everywhere, but thought I'd go over my swirls one more time in a different direction.

Paint my neck and go again, cap against my skin, just stroking lightly and again a bit tuggy. Slight weeper left side swirl, but BBS all over when I was done that clean up.

I need to learn to use this razor differently from others and maybe shave in a different direction. It behaves quite a bit differently from my others and I had some irritation on my neck from that last pass. My skin was fairly warm for about 30 minutes after so I need to work with this one a bit.

It is however, a powerhouse of a razor. The blade feel is ridiculous, but it never felt like it was dangerous or going to bite. Feeling that much blade you instinctively take more care than you usually might but it shaves with a lot more authority than any other razor I've used. It is impressive.

The angle it likes to be used at is awkward for me, as well as the cap shape and size and I was wondering as I was using it if the ATT SE1 would be easier and more familiar because of the shape of the cap.

The PTFE blade is just sharp enough, but it did struggle a bit over my swirls. I'm curious if the AC blades are sharper. If they're even a little bit sharper, and the shape of the cap on the SE1 helps me as much as I think it might, it may just knock my Grande from #1.

I'm not sure yet if the MMOC will beat my Grande, but if I get as good with it as I am my Grande, it might. I'm not sure the PTFE blades are up to starting directly ATG, but I'll find out next shave.

Well, its about time! Nice review...

I find the Schick Proline and GEM SS PTFE to be equal. Not a fan of the other AC blades, I don't find them as sharp.

As far as MMOC vs SE1, I like the width of the SE1 as well as the absence of blade stops. The MMOC is probably a tad more efficient due to the open comb but its nothing to write home about, they both will get me the same long lasting shave.

The SE2 v1\Proline is probably a tad more efficient than the MMOC, but it's nothing to write home about either.

All three are very close in performance, the SE1 being my favorite.

The SE2 v2 is a different animal. I do like it with one of the other AC blades that I'm not a fan of. The Kai guarded blade tames it nicely but puts it in the same class(slightly below) as the SE1/Proline with a higher price tag for the Kai blades.

The SE2/Proline demands more respect but will reward you with a few more hours of BBS.

I have one 1912(little beast) that will play nice with these heavy weights, but unfortunately, its not easily identifiable amongst the many 1912 razors if you wanted to find one.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Very nice review! The MMOC has a well deserved reputation in my opinion, however, it sounds like you are on your way to taming it.

Thanks. I believe its reputation is well deserved, but thats putting it mildly lol.

Interesting comments, Mike. I think it'll feel less "awkward" after a few shaves if you stick with it a while. The sweet spot in the angle usually takes me three to five shaves to properly tune in to with a new razor, and maybe the swirls will prove less challenging at that point. You certainly won't be able to blame anything on blade flex with this :D

I'm sure I'll become use to it, but it is considerably different than using a DE. It needs to be used at a different angle than I'm use too and the size of the cap and the resulting drag of it also throws me off. Not that the cap causes it to drag excessively, just more than a DE because of its size. I'll adjust in time.

I felt no flex at all. The very edge didnt dig in and want to skip, but most of the hairs on my swirls felt like they were being plucked as they were being cut. I'm not sure how to overcome that yet but I think shaving in a different direction might help.

As far as using a razor goes, I'm right back to square one with the MMOC and I'll need to focus on not using it like I do a DE.

Well, its about time! Nice review...

I find the Schick Proline and GEM SS PTFE to be equal. Not a fan of the other AC blades, I don't find them as sharp.

As far as MMOC vs SE1, I like the width of the SE1 as well as the absence of blade stops. The MMOC is probably a tad more efficient due to the open comb but its nothing to write home about, they both will get me the same long lasting shave.

The SE2 v1\Proline is probably a tad more efficient than the MMOC, but it's nothing to write home about either.

All three are very close in performance, the SE1 being my favorite.

The SE2 v2 is a different animal. I do like it with one of the other AC blades that I'm not a fan of. The Kai guarded blade tames it nicely but puts it in the same class(slightly below) as the SE1/Proline with a higher price tag for the Kai blades.

The SE2/Proline demands more respect but will reward you with a few more hours of BBS.

I have one 1912(little beast) that will play nice with these heavy weights, but unfortunately, its not easily identifiable amongst the many 1912 razors if you wanted to find one.

About time haha, I'll say...

I dont think I need more efficiency than the MMOC has. Ask me in another month or so and maybe I'll know lol.

I cant say I noticed the blade stops, but first use with this razor I think most anyone would really pay attention to is the blade. Kinda unmistakable lol.

Once I get the swing of this razor I think I might try an SE1. The ATT Calypso SE1 got my attention as soon as I saw it.

Thanks. I believe its reputation is well deserved, but thats putting it mildly lol.

I'm sure I'll become use to it, but it is considerably different than using a DE. It needs to be used at a different angle than I'm use too and the size of the cap and the resulting drag of it also throws me off. Not that the cap causes it to drag excessively, just more than a DE because of its size. I'll adjust in time.

I felt no flex at all. The very edge didnt dig in and want to skip, but most of the hairs on my swirls felt like they were being plucked as they were being cut. I'm not sure how to overcome that yet but I think shaving in a different direction might help.

As far as using a razor goes, I'm right back to square one with the MMOC and I'll need to focus on not using it like I do a DE.

About time haha, I'll say...

I dont think I need more efficiency than the MMOC has. Ask me in another month or so and maybe I'll know lol.

I cant say I noticed the blade stops, but first use with this razor I think most anyone would really pay attention to is the blade. Kinda unmistakable lol.

Once I get the swing of this razor I think I might try an SE1. The ATT Calypso SE1 got my attention as soon as I saw it.

Glad that it went fairly well for you, Mike! Something with the GEMs never clicked for me. I used my General in Stainless Steel the other night, and boy was it a rough shave. Changed too many things at once (lather and post shave, plus the razor/blade combo) but I was reminded of my other shaves with it: quite a few weepers, sore face, slightly more efficient first pass than my injectors but couldn't shave my neck well. I may have to try out guarded blades with it, but the injectors are so much easier in use and closeness of shave for me. My razors are now down to injectors (almost a dozen of these), RazoRock Hawks (V1 and V2) and the Colonial General in SS, Parker Variant, and a DE I'm keeping under wraps for now. Of these, the AC razors are likely to go at some point in the next month or two, and the Variant may not stick around. The other DE I will make an effort to learn before any judgement about its viability for me.

I found the GEM blades a little rough on the first shave, and better on subsequent shaves. They didn't last as long for me as the injector blades do. I had 3 shaves on my L-1 and TWIN before the FFFMM. I had at least 20 shaves during the month, and the blade is still going strong.

The angle I used with the GEMs was very shallow, which was far more comfortable than steep. I did find the GEMs efficient enough for me. I'm very interested to see what you think of the MMOC 1st pass ATG!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Glad that it went fairly well for you, Mike! Something with the GEMs never clicked for me. I used my General in Stainless Steel the other night, and boy was it a rough shave. Changed too many things at once (lather and post shave, plus the razor/blade combo) but I was reminded of my other shaves with it: quite a few weepers, sore face, slightly more efficient first pass than my injectors but couldn't shave my neck well. I may have to try out guarded blades with it, but the injectors are so much easier in use and closeness of shave for me. My razors are now down to injectors (almost a dozen of these), RazoRock Hawks (V1 and V2) and the Colonial General in SS, Parker Variant, and a DE I'm keeping under wraps for now. Of these, the AC razors are likely to go at some point in the next month or two, and the Variant may not stick around. The other DE I will make an effort to learn before any judgement about its viability for me.

I found the GEM blades a little rough on the first shave, and better on subsequent shaves. They didn't last as long for me as the injector blades do. I had 3 shaves on my L-1 and TWIN before the FFFMM. I had at least 20 shaves during the month, and the blade is still going strong.

The angle I used with the GEMs was very shallow, which was far more comfortable than steep. I did find the GEMs efficient enough for me. I'm very interested to see what you think of the MMOC 1st pass ATG!

I didnt find the GEM blade rough but it was certainly noticeable lol. It worked really well everywhere but my swirls and not sure I understand why it didnt work there. I thinik its a combination of a lack of sharpness and being too thick, or more accurately, ground to a different edge angle that it doesnt slice through my whiskers as easily as a thinner blade. Not sure.

I'll try it ATG first pass shortly, but I'll have my Grande and a Fresh Polsilver standing by lol.

I seem to remember you thinking very highly of the Parker Variant and words to the effect of it being your favorite at one time. What changed and why has it fallen from grace? lol

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
MMOC second shave. Blade flipped.

45 hours since last shave.

Proraso Red face lathered with Maggard synthetic.

This is The Stuff. Go buy some. You're welcome. No thank you needed. :)

proraso-sandalwood-with-shea-butter-cream-soap-150ml-tub-2_1024x1024.jpg

Lather up and directly ATG I went. Cap against my skin, still tentative, but smooth long strokes and what the... does this thing have a blade in it? Where did it go?

The same shave I do with my Grande but very little buffing.

I did my cheeks first S-N, first right side then left side. Then along my jawline right side from the bottom of my ear to the side of my mouth, down my neck towards my chin working my way across the same as with my Grande. Then over my upper lip as ATG as I could manage. I do have a hard time getting tight under my nose and need a very steep angle to get right up there. Repeat left side and no issues. No blood, no irritation...

The only time I really felt the blade was using a very steep angle under my nose and at the base of my sideburns.

Wipe and check, BBS above my jawline which wasnt a surprise. Not as close as I had hoped below my jawline, but I didnt do much buffing. Only slightly over lapping strokes.

Lather my neck and chin again relishing this soap. This really is The Stuff lol.

Directly ATG again along and below my jawline repeating the last pass both sides. Wipe and check, nope not yet. Repeat again, and again once more...

During those three clean up passes I was hunting the angle and pressure. I finally decided to use it like I do my Grande. Blade well off my skin and push the cap into my neck and stroke. I did have some slight redness on my neck after that and was very nearly BBS but my swirls still needed a little work so I picked up my Grande for a 4th clean up.

Instantly it was a much easier and more comfortable shave. The cap is smaller, curved and more slippery. The Polsilver is sharper and smoother and I can find the right angle so much easier.

The MMOC is quite a razor, but its like a .410 shotgun, experts only need apply, and I'm far from an expert with it.

I'll use it often and work on learning it when I have the time and inclination, but I'll try the Bullet Tip next and see what I think of it.

The King lives and his name is Fatip.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
MMOC second shave. Blade flipped.

45 hours since last shave.

Proraso Red face lathered with Maggard synthetic.

This is The Stuff. Go buy some. You're welcome. No thank you needed. :)

View attachment 872447

Lather up and directly ATG I went. Cap against my skin, still tentative, but smooth long strokes and what the... does this thing have a blade in it? Where did it go?

The same shave I do with my Grande but very little buffing.

I did my cheeks first S-N, first right side then left side. Then along my jawline right side from the bottom of my ear to the side of my mouth, down my neck towards my chin working my way across the same as with my Grande. Then over my upper lip as ATG as I could manage. I do have a hard time getting tight under my nose and need a very steep angle to get right up there. Repeat left side and no issues. No blood, no irritation...

The only time I really felt the blade was using a very steep angle under my nose and at the base of my sideburns.

Wipe and check, BBS above my jawline which wasnt a surprise. Not as close as I had hoped below my jawline, but I didnt do much buffing. Only slightly over lapping strokes.

Lather my neck and chin again relishing this soap. This really is The Stuff lol.

Directly ATG again along and below my jawline repeating the last pass both sides. Wipe and check, nope not yet. Repeat again, and again once more...

During those three clean up passes I was hunting the angle and pressure. I finally decided to use it like I do my Grande. Blade well off my skin and push the cap into my neck and stroke. I did have some slight redness on my neck after that and was very nearly BBS but my swirls still needed a little work so I picked up my Grande for a 4th clean up.

Instantly it was a much easier and more comfortable shave. The cap is smaller, curved and more slippery. The Polsilver is sharper and smoother and I can find the right angle so much easier.

The MMOC is quite a razor, but its like a .410 shotgun, experts only need apply, and I'm far from an expert with it.

I'll use it often and work on learning it when I have the time and inclination, but I'll try the Bullet Tip next and see what I think of it.

The King lives and his name is Fatip.
:thumbup: Long live Proraso Red! :sorcerer: Long live the King your Fatip Grande! :a50:

Top Bottom