What's new

Shaving Politics

Today I finished a Silver Star blade from Egypt-very nice! Then I loaded a Personna red from Israel-one of my favorites. This led me to think of other great blades that come from political rivals.

My next thought was to consider some of my favorite Russian blades, perhaps a GSB or Nacet, followed by a Personna lab or med prep from the US.

Any other great blade pairs from 'political' rivals?

I do often think about how my razor, soap, brush, bowl, blade and balm are all from varying and possibly rivaling nations. It's interesting.

Political rivalry?

How about the English v. American made Gillettes?

Of course, we're going back to the 1700s here.

I ignore politics when it comes to shaving and only use Russian (Astra SP) or Israeli blades (Personna Red) in my German Merkur 34G.

Treet (Pakistan) and India would allow for some great matches.

Bic (Greece) and Derby (Turkey), but I'm not sure how current this is and probably not a fair match.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I think about the Mauser and Mosin-Nagant rifles in my safe, right next to each other ...

"Peace, Ivan."

"And to you, Hans."

AA

Political rivalry?

How about the English v. American made Gillettes?

Of course, we're going back to the 1700s here.

The English outdid the Yankees in flair tips(blue plain and red tip), NEWs and Aristocrats. I guess it was revenge for becoming independent. Prehaps a ploy to get us to return under their flag. Long live the Queen!

In England we are having some "interesting" developments politically with Russia at the moment. What will this mean with regard to getting Russian blades in future? I'm not sure - but a new Cold War could be on the horizon.

In England we are having some "interesting" developments politically with Russia at the moment. What will this mean with regard to getting Russian blades in future? I'm not sure - but a new Cold War could be on the horizon.
Cold “Steel” War perhaps?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I was referring to the US/Turkish relationship. You should try Williams if the price isn’t too dear. Arko is a favorite of mine too. Williams is an American iconic soap some love and as many hate. Almost as bad as the American war of Northern Aggression (1860 - 1865).

Top Bottom