What's new

Personna cartridge razors any good?

Ah thank you, thank you. Guess I'm better off just sticking with my Hydro 5 Sense anyways, as it gets closer than any razor of any type I've ever tried when used with a bit of bar soap.

Saw this today and kinda wanna give it a try since it's made by Edgewell

Studio 35 Men's 5-Blade Razor Kit

Your link isn't loading for me . However, I assume this is a Caliber 5 with Core Motion Technology. I obtained a great shave with this, and another poster was pleased with the same product branded as Equate at Walmart. The handle will also accept Schick Quattro, Personna GT5 and Caliber 3 carts

Your link isn't loading for me . However, I assume this is a Caliber 5 with Core Motion Technology. I obtained a great shave with this, and another poster was pleased with the same product branded as Equate at Walmart. The handle will also accept Schick Quattro, Personna GT5 and Caliber 3 carts

You're exactly right about what it is! :p

Thank you so very much for stating that about the Quattro and GT5 heads! When I saw it, I instant thought of the Wilinson Sword Quattro you showed me on here, and was curious if it could use Quattro and GT5 heads. My worry was of course though that maybe the handle has been altered to not fit at least the Quattro.

I was gonna ask on here but just assumed nobody had tried it lol. Will pick one up with some GT5 heads to try both out.

Isn't Energizer owner of both Personna and Schick/wilkinson?
I assume they would make them at least somewhat similar with bare minimum QC

Maybe you check out the new Personna's? I am not a fan of the earlier ASR carts. I wasn't a fan of the Kai K-3, but later Kai products have been fine. The Xtreme3 probably needs revisiting.
I've never seem Personna in store and all the reviews on Amazon are bad. I believe that Equate disposables are made by Personna, as are the Kroger house brand.
Xtreme 3s aren't bad. They're a little gimmicky with the scented handle but they work. I know people who head shave like that the blades flex.

That's correct, plus Bulldog and some other brands.

You had mentioned earlier in the thread that the Core Motion handle would work with GT5 carts. I mistaken those for the M5 Magnum carts...which have amazing reviews. Do you know if it will also fit those?

I've used Personna carts in my TracII.
They are fine and give a good, close shave, but I like the (Poland-made) Gillette carts better. To me, the Personna carts have a break-in period that makes the first two or three shaves unpleasant though, after that, it's a month of really nice shaves. The Gillette carts last as long, but are beautiful right out of the box.

I've used Personna carts in my TracII.
They are fine and give a good, close shave, but I like the (Poland-made) Gillette carts better. To me, the Personna carts have a break-in period that makes the first two or three shaves unpleasant though, after that, it's a month of really nice shaves. The Gillette carts last as long, but are beautiful right out of the box.
Personna isn't really Personna anymore. ASR was bought by Energizer, which then demerged the personal care division as Edgewell. Personna products are still made in Personna plants but now also in Schick/Wilkinson Sword plants. The GT5 and GT6 are essentially 5 and 6 bladed Quattro's produced in Germany. Yes, Personna manufacture Trac II compatible carts, but even in the ASR period production was divided. Personna compatible Trac II carts in North America were made in the USA, whilst European Trac II compatible carts were manufactured in Israel.

Comparing Israeli and German manufactured products is pointless.

Top Bottom