What's new

Razorock SLOC with a twist.....

Hello,

I saw a new razor on Italian Barber website. It’s the SLOC, self lubricating open comb.

It arrived today. Fit and finish and blade line up is very good. Below are some pictures of the stock razor.

Enter the Frankenrazor urge...

I paired the SLOC cap with a R41 base. Looks very interesting.

Enter the Frankenrazor urge part 2....

I use my R41 head with a Pearl L-55 handle. Love the weight and grip.
Next I used the R41 cap with the SLOC base. Looks scary interesting.

Well now I have digressed into the RAD zone. I am left with the question of which razor/version do I try first?

Eye candy below. “Lead me not into temptation, I have found it myself “.

Cheers
John
02A87F0F-6B3F-4EDD-BFFF-4525A4CFC06C.jpeg
4511A598-D085-458A-A784-E61D23C6D181.jpeg
FDDDA6FB-95DE-4C02-B67A-018FE481F76E.jpeg
6A636811-1087-49E2-9FBA-77D8CFAE97A1.jpeg
054E28EA-427D-49FC-8FFA-D319E9753827.jpeg
5801A155-B4F5-4795-A531-3731E9A3E74C.jpeg

Same head as the Yaqi DOC. I did the same pairing with the 41 a couple weeks ago. Nice shave! Actually I've swapped the cap onto six or seven other bottom plates, the Fatip is another good match.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Good morning

Well had the first shave with the stock SLOC. Astra blade, Proraso sandalwood from tube.

Three pass head, face shave. Some buffing on last pass going south to North on back of head.

The result was an extremely comfortable BBS shave. The razor is more efficient than the similar Phoenix DOC and milder than the Phoenix stainless DOC.

If I had to compare it to another razor it would be maybe s flare tip Superspeed or a Slim set on around 3.

I must say this is a dam fine razor for the price. I must admit I think I bought it primarily for the handle and to use the head for Franken purposes.

I would highly recommend this razor for someone who likes a medium aggressive but extremely smooth razor.

I have never been diaspointed by Razorock. Thank you guys!

Next will be using it with the R41 base plate.

Cheers
John

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I was curious about that new razor also, just the razor as per spec is it a mild shaver, they claim these type of razors are great for buffing and with good results?

I decided to order one with a barber pole handle. Should be here between March 6th-9th. At that price it's worth it just for the handle alone. I mostly just want the handle for my 1916 Gillette Old Type (and maybe some other razors), but I am also curious about trying the DOC head as I've never used one before. The reviews say DOC aren't too aggressive, but they sure look aggressive and intimidating... which I like.

I almost bought the Yaqi last week just to put it on a nice handle to show off for company. But the reviews of it being so mild stopped me-- I can't bring myself to buy something I don't really plan to use.

But, based on the comments above I just bought the SLOC. This will be my third RR razor and I've been very happy with the other two (Good job, Joe!).

Thank you all for feeding my RAD.

Good morning

Well had the first shave with the stock SLOC. Astra blade, Proraso sandalwood from tube.

Three pass head, face shave. Some buffing on last pass going south to North on back of head.

The result was an extremely comfortable BBS shave. The razor is more efficient than the similar Phoenix DOC and milder than the Phoenix stainless DOC.

If I had to compare it to another razor it would be maybe s flare tip Superspeed or a Slim set on around 3.

I must say this is a dam fine razor for the price. I must admit I think I bought it primarily for the handle and to use the head for Franken purposes.

I would highly recommend this razor for someone who likes a medium aggressive but extremely smooth razor.

I have never been diaspointed by Razorock. Thank you guys!

Next will be using it with the R41 base plate.

Cheers
John

Good morning,

I tried the R41 base with the SLOC top and here is what I found.
The setup, Astra new blade, Proraso Sandalwood, same as before.
Shave was 3 pas head, face.

The results were better than I had hoped for. The level of efficiency was increased. Definitely more blade feel, right up there with my H1.
Along with the increase in aggressiveness the razor seemed much smoother than the stock R41. This makes sense with the DOC cap leaving some lather. It was a very comfortable well behaved close shave.

Next is the DOC base with the R41 cap. The blade exposure on this looks scary.

Cheers
John

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Experimenting can have its rewards and a learning curve with swapping parts from one razor to another.
You sure are the daring type @Bondage007 , I think I will buy one down the road when I put my next order in.

Good morning,

I tried the R41 base with the SLOC top and here is what I found.
The setup, Astra new blade, Proraso Sandalwood, same as before.
Shave was 3 pas head, face.

The results were better than I had hoped for. The level of efficiency was increased. Definitely more blade feel, right up there with my H1.
Along with the increase in aggressiveness the razor seemed much smoother than the stock R41. This makes sense with the DOC cap leaving some lather. It was a very comfortable well behaved close shave.

Next is the DOC base with the R41 cap. The blade exposure on this looks scary.

Cheers
John

Looking forward to your review after they cauterize the wounds and fill you back up with replacement plasma....:yikes:
Only kidding, very promising and I'm watching with interest - good luck!

Been interested in a duel open comb razor for a while, didn't know Razorock came out with one. So guess what I just ordered? I can feel my RAD starting to flair up again...

Top Bottom