What's new

The incredible new Timeless BRONZE DE

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have had the .68sb and oc, the .95sb and oc, and have had both bronze Timelsss razors. Out of all of them, I found the .78 bronze to be the roughest shaver. I really enjoyed all the other baseplates and felt the .95oc stainless to be very smooth but very efficient. To be honest, I feel I get much better/smoother shaves with the R41 and the bronze OC feels comparable to the Ikon tech.

I mailed it back over the weekend. I wish Timelsss would use the same baseplate in bronze as they do for their stainless models. Those would be keepers. I also don’t really care for the bronze/titanium handle design.
How would you compare the bronze SB with the 68 oc?

So i am conducting a little experiment today. By 2pm i could feel stubble, which was surprising, considering how aggressive the razor seemed to me. Today I split my face, Timeless OC left side, Mamba right. My Mamba is notoriously my most mild razor, and consequently, the shave does not last as long as most, if not all of my other razors. I want to compare the TOC to the Mamba in this regard. I got BBS from both this morning. My alum block lit the left side of my face up, while the right was pretty much a non event. Aftershave had basically the same results, although somewhat dulled from the alum. More to follow. I really like everything about the razor except the most important part, the shave. I hope I can tame it.

Perhaps I'm making a false assumption, wouldn't the blade be pushed down against the center of the base plate, thus flattening out the blade more than on the SS model? The cap still needs to push against something to tighten, and with the base plate being lower or shorter, it should in theory push the blade down or flatten it out a bit more at the center, which *should* (operative word) alter the angle from center to edge of blade. - Unless the height difference is purely below the blade contact points, making the curve of the blade equal, but only a picture with the two sitting upside down on a flat surface would show that.
.95 ss vs .78 bronze

Based on that photo @wareham posted, I would say the angle of the blade is indeed different. Seems to me that not quite the same blade bend/angle would be achieved (assuming the same "default" angle is used when shaving).

For the record, I made the same assumption as @cyberdog and last few reviews seem to confirm it. In my mind, based on photo above, I would guess bronze just wouldn't be as smooth as SS design.

Do owners of this razor notice a difference in feel with the more "squared off" teeth of the comb? That is the most striking visual difference I see when looking at this new offering.

How would you compare the bronze SB with the 68 oc?
I did not care for the Bronze SB because it was not efficient enough for me. The .68oc and .95oc were both very smooth and efficient and when I think of aggressive razors, the .95oc is not one I think of. It was not mild per say, but not that aggressive to me.

Do owners of this razor notice a difference in feel with the more "squared off" teeth of the comb? That is the most striking visual difference I see when looking at this new offering.
I have not noticed any different feel from the squared off teeth compared to the teeth on the Timeless .95OC, the R41, the Schone ( Fatip )....the three feel different but not the teeth particularly

I have not noticed any different feel from the squared off teeth compared to the teeth on the Timeless .95OC, the R41, the Schone ( Fatip )....the three feel different but not the teeth particularly

Thank you, I was wondering about that. Beautiful razor for sure.

6 hours into my day, i can feel some stubble on the Mamba side, none to speak of on the Timeless side, so at least there is that.

Gave it another whirl this morning. I give. I can’t tame this beautiful beast. I’m sending it back to Timeless tomorrow. Strange, because I LOVE shaving with their stainless offerings. YMMV, I guess.

Gave it another whirl this morning. I give. I can’t tame this beautiful beast. I’m sending it back to Timeless tomorrow. Strange, because I LOVE shaving with their stainless offerings. YMMV, I guess.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. What is their return policy?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I did not care for the Bronze SB because it was not efficient enough for me. The .68oc and .95oc were both very smooth and efficient and when I think of aggressive razors, the .95oc is not one I think of. It was not mild per say, but not that aggressive to me.
The
I'm considering the SB.
Another go with oc today .was OK. Better. No cuts. But I'm in fear of this because one wrong move and it bites .not sure I want that.

Would it be safe to compare this OC plate to an H–plate from ATT, or to an R41 (2013)?

Yes. in my opinion, it is on par.

This morning, I used my ATT H plate and find it to be smoother than my Timeless bronze OC. The blade feels more immediate in the bronze than the ATT. But every razor requires an adjustment in technique.
I've never tried a R41. However, the bronze OC is definitely in the more aggressive razor class.

I've also the bronze SB, and when compared to the ATT M-plate, the ATT is much easier to find optimum blade angle for sharpness and thus I find the timeless bronze milder. Once you get the razor dialled in, it shaves as efficiently as any decent razor. But I've always said mildness is not a negative.

But this is only my opinion, others may differ.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Yes. in my opinion, it is on par.

This morning, I used my ATT H plate and find it to be smoother than my Timeless bronze OC. The blade feels more immediate in the bronze than the ATT. But every razor requires an adjustment in technique.
I've never tried a R41. However, the bronze OC is definitely in the more aggressive razor class.

I've also the bronze SB, and when compared to the ATT M-plate, the ATT is much easier to find optimum blade angle for sharpness and thus I find the timeless bronze milder. Once you get the razor dialled in, it shaves as efficiently as any decent razor. But I've always said mildness is not a negative.

But this is only my opinion, others may differ.
I'm thinking of going from oc to SB.

New shave today with a week (approximately) blade and I felt like I could manage this oc. But not sure I want to live with that.

You hit the nail on the head in the oc blade feeling immediate .I cut myself just lining up the razor at my side burn.

Top Bottom