What's new

Favorite Razor and Blade Combo?

Hey All,

Love to hear everyones favorite all time razor/blade combo. Mine is my 1937 Gillette Sheraton paired with a Gillette Nacet, best shave ever! I LOVE the 30's Gillette TTO Open Combs.

Over the last 6 months 80% of my shaves have been the Feather AS-D2/Feather combination. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Fendrihan Shavette (Parker knock off) with Super Max Super Platinum "Tiger" Blade.
Or if that's not allowed Gillette New Short Comb and GSB.

Much as I love my Slim Adjustable, my favorite is getting to be the '56 Red Tip with a Gillette 7 O'Clock blade. I have a '53 Super Speed coming; we'll see how that changes the equation.

Paradigm 17-4 and Charcoal Level 3 OC. Sorry it's a tie. Both loaded with a Posilver blade. There are others that are very very close to these two.

'53 Super Speed with a Nacet. I haven't yet found anything with the same combination of smooth comfort and superior whisker removal.
Others shave closer, or are more carefree, but this combo does it all.

Just discovered the ultimate combo this week.
Merkur 38c with a Gillette Nacet blade!
My closest shaves ever, but still incredibly smooth and easy on the skin.

'46/47 Aristocrat with a Personna Red. Also, '41 Ranger Tech with the Personna Red.

I've tried Astra SP and GSB in the Aristocrat, and they perform well also, but I get good longevity from the Personna Reds.

This week: Razorock Mamba with Polsilvers.
Next week: Probably another combo.

For me, shaving used to be like tooth brushing. An unavoidable thing I had to do. Now I don't think my beard grows fast enough... There's just so many variables I have to try!

(Maybe tooth brushing will be the next shaving btw? Boar&Brush will be the big forum. We will all perform the "3-pass brush". And remember "to always aim for plaque reduction – not removal".)

My favorite: Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade. Super sharp blade in a mild razor. I also really like my Mergress with a Rapira Swedish Steel blade set at 3. As long as I remind myself that the weight of the razor means I don't need to put any pressure on the Mergress I get super smooth shaves and no fear of nicks.

Tough question! I have a daily driver for the razor (Wolfman WR1)! However, I have a favored blade rotation. Since I am only allowed one blade it would be the GSB today, but that could change tomorrow!

Top Bottom