Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Sweet Orange
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice
Brush: Paladin Sherlock ivory Select Badger 26mm
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Open Comb Machine Finished
Blade: Voskhod (18)
Post Splash: Humphreys Citrus Witch Hazel

Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice

Fotor_151693342618013.jpg

Thans, Ron. As it turned out it wasn't one of the better shaves I have had so far with this razor. After 7 shaves with it I'm still learning my way with the R41. I bought the head without the handle and I have tried three different Maggard's handles on it, LE1, MR5 and MR3. I do like the MR3 with it, just right for length and balance.
I've had a dozen shaves with my R41 but it's not one of my favorites. Maybe it's the blades I've used but I have several razors I'd choose to use before I'd pickup the R41.

I've had a dozen shaves with my R41 but it's not one of my favorites. Maybe it's the blades I've used but I have several razors I'd choose to use before I'd pickup the R41.

This is my second stab at getting to know the R41. I tried one two years ago, didn't get along with it and eventually PIFed it. For some reason I got a hankering to give it another try. I'm going to give it a 30 shave trial and see what happens.

This is my second stab at getting to know the R41. I tried one two years ago, didn't get along with it and eventually PIFed it. For some reason I got a hankering to give it another try. I'm going to give it a 30 shave trial and see what happens.
Sounds very reasonable. If I get rid of any of my razors the R41 will probably be the first to go.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Rubberset 200-3 24mm APShaveCo Tuxedo Knot
Barrister & Mann Hallows
Muhle R41 2011 Calypso / Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Thayers Superhazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Barrister & Mann Kyovu
proxy.php

1/25/18
Art of Shaving Unscented Pre Shave Oil
Art of Shaving Lavender Shave Soap
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo w/Black Fiber
13/16 Bengall
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Premium Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Banana Republic "M"
SOTD1-25-18.jpg

Shaved head today.
Plisson cream, brush proyet centennial olive badger two bands, head ATT H1 and rapira (2), with UFO colibri handle, after shave the Toja manantiales.
proxy.php

Sent from the Wolf's Den

How do you like the Level 3 Charcoal Goods SB, Josh? I've really got to watch my L-3 OC.
I felt that there was a lot more blade feel in the level 3, compared to the level 2 plate. I also felt that it was extremely smooth for such an aggressive plate. Based on how the SB felt, there is no way I would try the OC, lol. I'm not sure I can use this level 3 as a daily driver. I'm going to give it another go to see how my skin feels. I did notice that I had no skin irritation or redness, it's very smooth and from what I've read elsewhere, the R41 has a lot more blade feel than the level 3 SB.

SOTD January 24th
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Local Gent's Blackmoor
Brush: B&B 10th Anniversary Boar
AS 1: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
AS 2: Local Gent's Blackmoor
image.jpeg

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Koraat - 6/8 Full Hollow Ivory Snake Yuma
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 28mm Theodore Blood of Kings LE B3
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Rossa
  • After-Shave: Acqua Di Parma - Collezione Barbiere - Balm (Sample)
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

SOTD 26JAN18.JPG

#SOTD 26JAN18
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB w/ Anchor Handle
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: C&R / Declaration
Soap: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
Splash: Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande​

FRIDAY

"Favorite Artisan Week"

proxy.php

Stirling Iced Pineapple//Shavemac DO1, 3-band silvertip//Merkur 42C//Sampson's balm//Creed Aventus EdP

Top Bottom