What's new

Show Me Your Build

I know this thread hasn't seen any action in nearly a month, but I thought I'd throw mine up here. I totally didn't know B&B had a vape sub-forum because I haven't been on regularly in years. Browsing this place is bad for my wallet lol.

Big @zz ribbon claptons, Bic pen for scale.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Looks good! How do they hit? Lot's of flavor?

Hmmm kettle and pot black springs to mind here,:a11::a11::a11::a11: your the one who keeps losing his washers.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
No for some reason the centre for the coils aint hitting the pin, looks like its 1mm off reading about it I'm not the only one having the same problem. So it looks like it could be warping but I don't think the 12 is as good as the 8.

Hmmm kettle and pot black springs to mind here,:a11::a11::a11::a11: your the one who keeps losing his washers.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
No for some reason the centre for the coils aint hitting the pin, looks like its 1mm off reading about it I'm not the only one having the same problem. So it looks like it could be warping but I don't think the 12 is as good as the 8.
My screw isn't loose, it fell out a long time ago.

Are you talking about the TFV12 tank? Like this?
t.jpg

I've been running one for 6 months or better now and I've had no issues with mine. I'm running pre-built coils in it though, not the rebuildable deck. I never liked those. Too finicky. I use a normal RDA for dripping, or the tank when driving, in the shop, etc... where it's just inconvenient to drip.

Yes same as that, but if you look through the air vent you can see that dimple on your bar. Well that is about 1 mill from the centre pin, so it may have warped so it looks like I'm going back to stock coils for now.

Looks good! How do they hit? Lot's of flavor?
Thanks. Definitely a lot of flavor. As for how they hit...I'll put it this way: I normally vape 6mg, when I first set it up I used 3mg and over nic'ed myself with a handful of hits. Ohms at 0.26 and I run it around 125-130 watts.

Yes same as that, but if you look through the air vent you can see that dimple on your bar. Well that is about 1 mill from the centre pin, so it may have warped so it looks like I'm going back to stock coils for now.
Ok. So the issue is the bottom of the rebuild-able deck then. Got it. I've always run the stock coils in mine. I like the V12-T8 coils. Lots of flavor, lots of vapor, lots of airflow, and I get a full 60ml bottle out of one coil on average.

I'm actually half way done with a 120ml bottle of 80/20 cotton candy right now on one coil and even being such a thick and sweet juice it's not burnt.

Thanks. Definitely a lot of flavor. As for how they hit...I'll put it this way: I normally vape 6mg, when I first set it up I used 3mg and over nic'ed myself with a handful of hits. Ohms at 0.26 and I run it around 125-130 watts.

That's a hot vape haha. I've got 8 wraps of 24ga in my peerless at he moment. (2 coils, 8 wraps each) It's reading .45 and chucking at 65 watts. Awesome flavor as well. Surprised the heck out of me for being such a simple build.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Are those guitar strings? I would vape
just to buy all that cool looking swag.

What are the coils used for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the basics.. electricity passes through the coils, causing them to heat up, which then heats the vape juice, causing it to become vaporized.

More in depth... the coils are a basic electromagnet, but the purpose of their use in this application is merely to heat up. By using different gauges of wire, different numbers of twist per inch, and the size/number of coils changes the resistance of induction in the circuit, ohm's law, blah blah electronics babble and so on.. :)

Are those guitar strings? I would vape
just to buy all that cool looking swag.
That is called a parallel fused clapton. You have two core wires running parallel and then a smaller wire wrapped or "claptoned" around them. Makes lots of little crevices for the juice to flow into increasing the surface area and providing better flavor.

That's a hot vape haha. I've got 8 wraps of 24ga in my peerless at he moment. (2 coils, 8 wraps each) It's reading .45 and chucking at 65 watts. Awesome flavor as well. Surprised the heck out of me for being such a simple build.
Haha it can be but I don't take long hits. I don't really consider myself a "cloud chaser", but I've found my happy medium. The higher wattage imo improves flavor (especially on bakeries and cereals) if you like open airflow. If you like a more restricted airflow a lower wattage will give a good concentrated flavor. I DIY my juice so I use a different setup similar to yours with smaller coils, more restricted airflow, and lower wattage for testing my juice.

I got a better one for you.... I got a new mod, it's a Desire X. Nice heavy cast metal. Had my tank on it and knocked it off the counter...........
Drip tip is fine, glass didn't break, but it bent the air tube in the tank so the glass won't seal anymore.

I got a better one for you.... I got a new mod, it's a Desire X. Nice heavy cast metal. Had my tank on it and knocked it off the counter...........
Drip tip is fine, glass didn't break, but it bent the air tube in the tank so the glass won't seal anymore.

send me the bits so i can make mine work lol but no I feel for you mate done that a few times myself

Top Bottom